Pentair Easytouch buzzing sound

JsVil

Oct 17, 2022
palm springs
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This morning I noticed my heat pump kept on turning on and off so I went to check the Pentair panel. I reset it but the sound did not stop. So I turned the spa on which uses the gas heater and sound went away realized at that moment it was related to the heat pump. What inside the panel could make the buzzing sound?

Any help is greatly appretiated.

Have a qualified electrician check that all the wire connections are clean, corrosion free, and the screws are tightened to their proper torque levels.

It sounds like you have a loose electrical connection that is vibrating from the high amp draw of the HP.

Js,

Is the heat pump just controlled by the EasyTouch, or does the EasyTouch actually turn the AC going to the heat pump on and off??

Thanks,

Jim R.
The heat pump has power directly from the breaker. Only the communication cable links the panel to the Heat Pump. I have been changing the schedules a bit. I have a pool circuit that I use to heat the pool but I use the gas for a couple of hours in the morning, then I switch to the heat pump. I think the panel does not wat to do when that changes happens immediately. So, the change I made today I scheduled 5 minutes of spa between pool using gas heater and pool using heat pump and it seemed to work fine. I will see tomorrow if that is the case. Crossing my fingers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.