SoCal
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My current system (pentair easytouch 8) has a wireless pentair remote that I use to manage the pool remotely. Is there way to tell what additional equipment I need to use one of the iOS apps on my iphone or ipad?

Thanks

I think I may go this route but also use a wireless bridge so I don't have to run a cable to it. Has anyone done something similar?

I did the same.

Reactions: netronin
Where do most people mount the protocol adapter? I was thinking of just purchasing a waterproof outdoor box that would house the protocol adapter/wireless bridge and surge protector and then just run the single wire from there to my easytouch.

Somthing like this:

I am currently looking into the same thing. My remote finally just crashed and instead of buying a new remote i was thinking of upgrading. I have talked to many dealers and they tell me several different things. I have been told i need the Pentair Screenlogic 2 Interface kit (EC-522104) to just the Screenlogic interface wireless connection kit and also just the Protocol adapter. I know that i would be unable to run a CAT 5 cable from my router to my easytouch so that option is out

I am currently looking into the same thing. My remote finally just crashed and instead of buying a new remote i was thinking of upgrading. I have talked to many dealers and they tell me several different things. I have been told i need the Pentair Screenlogic 2 Interface kit (EC-522104) to just the Screenlogic interface wireless connection kit and also just the Protocol adapter. I know that i would be unable to run a CAT 5 cable from my router to my easytouch so that option is out

I was planning on using a wireless bridge to replace the interface kit (they are basically the same thing) since I already have it. Cat 5 from the protocol adapter will plug in to the bridge and then the wire that goes to the easytouch.

Where do most people mount the protocol adapter? I was thinking of just purchasing a waterproof outdoor box that would house the protocol adapter/wireless bridge and surge protector and then just run the single wire from there to my easytouch.

Somthing like this:

My protocol adapter's indoors, but I have a half-dozen large models of that Sockitbox that house my robot's power supply / control panel, some lighting transformers, a couple power strips, etc. They've all weathered multiple big storms (and cold winters and hot bright summers) without ever leaking. I highly recommend that brand.

Reactions: netronin
My protocol adapter's indoors, but I have a half-dozen large models of that Sockitbox that house my robot's power supply / control panel, some lighting transformers, a couple power strips, etc. They've all weathered multiple big storms (and cold winters and hot bright summers) without ever leaking. I highly recommend that brand.
How long is the wire that goes from the adapter to your easytouch? I could do that as well but I would need a wire that's about 40ft. long and I'm guessing the one it comes with is much shorter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How long is the wire that goes from the adapter to your easytouch? I could do that as well but I would need a wire that's about 40ft. long and I'm guessing the one it comes with is much shorter.

Haha, my protocol adapter is indoors because it's wired to one side of a wireless link to the EasyTouch.

I don't know whether the chips in the EasyTouch and on that side of the protocol adapter can drive 40 feet of cable, but the Ethernet chip on the other side of the adapter can almost certainly do it.

So if nobody chimes in and confirms that the 4-wire cable can be 40 feet long, and you have to pick one or the other without testing, I'd probably choose to make the 4-wire cable short (just a few feet from the ET to the adapter in a weatherproof box -- or maybe only a few inches from the ET to the adapter in the ET's box) and run ethernet for the 40-foot distance to the house.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.