Pentair easy touch without SCG integration

Spletmik

Jun 18, 2021
Tucson
So I had an pentair easy touch installed by a pool company but wasn’t aware they were installing the version without SCG or honestly that there was even a choice to get with or without. I have a pentair SCG and want to be able to control from easy touch but currently can’t. Is there any way to add this capability to my easy touch?

Yes. You use a RS485 cable to run from the Intellichlor power center to the Easytouch. J20 connection.

If you have questions, take pictures of the Intellichlor board and the control board in the Easytouch, You drop down the front of the ET control panel to get to the control board.

In theory, you can connect up to 256 devices to an RS-485 bus depending upon the electrical characteristics of the Transceivers. I have a VS pump, Screenlogic wireless antenna and Intellichlor IC60 all attached to my EasyTouch J20 connector. I find that the easiest way to connector multiple small gage stranded wires to the J20 screw type terminal block is to insert 1 short length 20 gage wire into the screw creating a "stub" that you can then use small wire nuts to connect your wires to the stub. Trying to twist multiple small gage wires together then get them into the small screw block is a pain.

Good Luck

Gary

Reactions: Jimrahbe
The cable is typically used for security cameras and systems. I have not found that the big box stores carry it. I had a bunch extra from the original install so when I needed some I just used that. It is 22 gauge 4 wire.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.