Pentair Easy Touch Pl4/PSL4

sandyb

Apr 18, 2015
Granada Hills, Ca
Not sure if I’m in the right place, but I have a Pentair Easy Touch PL4/PSL4 controller for my pool and spa.
I have done some tile work, and would like to shut everything down for a couple of days, but I can’t seem to find anyone (Pentair included) who can tell me how to secure (shut down) everything from the panel. Pentair could only suggest that I cut the breaker off, which I do not want to do.
Modes of operation shows: Auto, Service and Timeout.
Thanks in advance.
Sandy

Sandy,

If you are going to have it off for several days, I can't think of any reason to not just shut off the breaker that feeds the EasyTouch.. Why would you not want to do that?

You can put it in the Service mode, as Marty points out, but the unit will still have power.. Service mode will just not allow the ET to run any schedules.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You won't lose settings, but you will deplete the clock's backup battery, if you turn off power at the breaker. Your settings are stored in flash memory, which Pentair charmingly calls by its 1980s name, EEPROM. There is no harm in leaving the panel powered up, as long as it's in Service mode. Up to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.