Pentair Clean & Clear Pool Filter

MGA

Aug 16, 2020
St Augustine Fl
I have a Pentair Clean & Clear Pool Filter with Pentair 3/4 Pump
and noticed lately the release valve doesn’t put out as much water as before
I changed out the cartridge filter with a clean one put it all together starting the pump up and opened the release valve and the water only comes about a 1/4 less pressure
Could the release valve have some thing blocking the flow
The jets that feed the pool seem to have same pressure (at least by feel)
I have thought I cleaned out release valve with the hose but maybe not good enough
Any suggestions

Could the release valve have some thing blocking the flow
Absolutely. Or it could be broken. Mine was clogged with pool brush bristles.
I have thought I cleaned out release valve with the hose but maybe not good enough
You also may have shoved something further up in there. I'd take it apart and give it a good once over. So long as it lets the air out, it's still good, but it may be tipping you off that you'll be replacing it one of these days.

Thanks for reaching out
I noticed that valve body does not have a hex or flat to put a wrench on it? I guess you have use a channel lock to get it off?
Last question I promise…
Does the release valve have a blow off built in to it
I mean what makes it so special that I could replace it with regular valve?
Just curious

I noticed that valve body does not have a hex or flat to put a wrench on it? I guess you have use a channel lock to get it off?
Mine is different but spins on/off by hand, as it appears this one does.
Does the release valve have a blow off built in to it
I mean what makes it so special that I could replace it with regular valve?
Manufacturers like to use proprietary threads so you can't do exactly that and you have to buy their fancy valve. I dont remeber anyone building their own so i'll guess its an odd size.

You can unscrew the air release valve, pull it apart, replace the orings and lube it up, and it will work like new.
There are two tabs on the round part you spin to open it. You have to hold those out to get the valve to come apart.
I got orings at Ace. Have to take the old ones and get some that are close.

Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.