Pentair 601012 5G LED light Dying

fruitopius

May 2, 2022
New Jersey
Hello,
My pool light got dim and was flickering by the end of last years pools season. The normally bright green on the controller (Pentair 600054 Intellibrite) is a very low level green, and doesn't seem to be able to turn off the what's still barely visible of the pool light illuminating. I replaced the GFI, tried holding in the green button to reset but no change. The pool light was installed in 2015 by a professional, and has worked every year flawlessly until recently. I have read about the board on the light itself going bad, but was wondering do you think this is the controller or the pool light itself causing the issue? Any responses would be appreciated. Thank You..

The controller has little to nothing to do with with the lights operations internally except to break power. The controller operates a sequence(off, on, off, on == green). The color changes internally on these intervals. It sounds like a bad 5 g board.

The controller has little to nothing to do with with the lights operations internally except to break power. The controller operates a sequence(off, on, off, on == green). The color changes internally on these intervals. It sounds like a bad 5 g board.
Thank You for the reply and the information. I have ordered a Pentair 619818Z Light Engine Replacement Kit IntelliBrite 5g 2nd Generation LED Color Light. Looks like the board Replacment is pretty straight forward from what I see on YouTube. Keeping fingers crossed….again thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.