Pentair 360330 trouble

RJBM

Aug 11, 2018
london, uk
Looking for help on a few issues with my Pentair 360330 Kreepy Krauler Racer pressure cleaner.
1) Hose keeps separating the joins are constantly coming apart
- can I use self amalgamating tape, worries that the tape would cause a problem if it came off. Zipties?
2) Constantly gets stuck on wet deck
- The robot attachment is opposite the wet deck and seems to pish the robot at it. would it help if I add an elbow at the connector. I could build a barrier ‘fence’ on the wet deck, but it seems like a lot of work and ugly
3) No longer goes up the walls.
- When i increase the power it climbs again but seems too high
4) Robot attachment is crossthreaded into the pool receiver port
- Tried removing it with plumbing tools, but it is stuck tight

My pool builder supplied a Racer. It constantly got stuck or flipped on its side. Pentair exchanged it for a Kreepy Krauly Platinum, which worked a little better but never great, ultimately developing an affinity for the deep end of the pool. The booster pump was noisy and required the main filter pump to be at 2700 rpm or higher to work at all. Lots of electricity and noise; little cleaning. I gave up and bought a Maytronics robotic cleaner. My feeling now is that pressure side cleaners are a huge waste of money, time, and aggravation. My M500 is silent, works with the pump running or not, and does a fantastic job on bottom and sides including the water line. I run it every other day but don't leave it in the pool, although the existence of a scheduler suggests one could to that. Too much money to leave it soaking in chlorine water all the time. It really really cleans well and in three months has not gotten caught, twisted, turned over or any problem.

My Kreepy Krauley Platinum is now in the attic. I'd offer to send it to you, but I'm pretty sure it's not worth transatlantic shipping cost!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.