Pentair 011028 VS or 011056 VSF

swimshady

Mar 26, 2021
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Upgrading our pool pump to a variable speed. I've narrowed it down to the IntelliFlo VS (011028) or the IntelliFlo VSF (011056). I would be happy with the VS but VSF availability seems better (more places have them in stock) and the VSF model also tends to be $50-100 cheaper than the VS right now. Is there any reason not to go with the VSF? Any drawbacks to the VSF (buggy software, reliability...)? It seems that they are pretty much the same pumps. If the VS was readily available and cheaper, then no question, I'd just buy that and be done.

I also considered the SuperFlo VS (1.65hp) which would actually be fine for my size pool. But I like the IntelliFlo series because I plan on adding an IntelliSync control box and like the possibility of two-communication with the IntelliFlo whereas I believe the SuperFlo is only one way communication.

Btw, I have 2 1/2" suction side and 2" pressure side piping, two main drains and one skimmer.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the matter.

@swimshady

I had never heard of the "IntelliSync"... Thanks for the heads-up...

Jim R.
Relatively new product.

IntelliSync Pump Control and Monitoring System

Provides pump control (RS485 for IntelliFlo) and reports air/water temp. Nothing too fancy. Not much in the way of reviews. It'll be a couple of weeks but when I get everything set up, I'll post a mini review and my opinion of it. Right now, I just have a mechanical timer with dogs to turn a single speed pump on and off so a shiny new VS pump with phone app control will be fun to mess with.

Reactions: wolverine
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.