Pebble done!

brimorga

Gold Supporter
Aug 10, 2013
Campbell, Ca (near San Jose)
Just got pebble done this morning, acid wash tomorrow than pool fill!

It looks like they left quite a mess on the glass tiles, does that get cleaned off as part of acid wash or should I be concerned about that now?

Tested my tap water last night, gonna run over to Leslie's today or tomorrow to buy some chemicals. I already have chlorine, but thinking I need some muriatic acid, calcium chloride and CYA to start?

According to the start up instructions, for day 1 after fill it looks like I need to bring my TA down to 80. I think everything else looks good for now until I put chlorine in after 48 hours?

Cl: .5
pH: 7.6
Ch: 150ppm
TA: 90

IMG_3281.jpegIMG_3282.jpegIMG_3283.jpeg

More pics. Wife isn't thrilled that the tile in the spa is kinda crooked and the plaster isn't perfectly symmetrical. I'm hoping that once we add water that it won't be as apparent that the spa isn't perfection.

View attachment 379722
This third picture looks like the tile is actually SUNKEN compared to the plaster? I hope it's just some sort of illusion, because that's not something that's fixable. That should all be even with the level of the tile.

Also, I can tell you that with that much iridescence on the tile, it will pop more when underwater. Because the water shifts the angles of light, it makes it very easy to light up on horizontal surfaces. You can check out the stairs in my couple posts here to see what I mean... This is with a tile with a low ratio of iridescence compared to yours.

Make sure to share with your PB and ask how they will clean-up your tile.
Done! He says they will clean up during acid wash.

This third picture looks like the tile is actually SUNKEN compared to the plaster? I hope it's just some sort of illusion, because that's not something that's fixable. That should all be even with the level of the tile.
It does look like that, so I checked them and I think most are fine. It does seem like the end pieces are under plaster though, hopefully they are not sunken.

Also, I can tell you that with that much iridescence on the tile, it will pop more when underwater. Because the water shifts the angles of light, it makes it very easy to light up on horizontal surfaces. You can check out the stairs in my couple posts here to see what I mean... This is with a tile with a low ratio of iridescence compared to yours.

Wow, your water is so clear. I think I'm going to be really annoyed about the tile and spa bench being crooked if my water is as clear as yours. Probably too late now, I think I can live with it to just finally have a pool.

Just got pebble done this morning, acid wash tomorrow than pool fill!

It looks like they left quite a mess on the glass tiles, does that get cleaned off as part of acid wash or should I be concerned about that now?

Tested my tap water last night, gonna run over to Leslie's today or tomorrow to buy some chemicals. I already have chlorine, but thinking I need some muriatic acid, calcium chloride and CYA to start?

According to the start up instructions, for day 1 after fill it looks like I need to bring my TA down to 80. I think everything else looks good for now until I put chlorine in after 48 hours?

Cl: .5
pH: 7.6
Ch: 150ppm
TA: 90

View attachment 379706View attachment 379709

TA 90 is as good as 80. Don’t mess with your TA as you will mess up your pH more. Your fill water is good as is for your first few days until you add chlorine.

Reactions: brimorga
Wow, your water is so clear. I think I'm going to be really annoyed about the tile and spa bench being crooked if my water is as clear as yours. Probably too late now, I think I can live with it to just finally have a pool.
That's TFP clear!

Reactions: brimorga

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The plaster looks good! Did they do your toe tile right before plaster same day? I will say I think water helps forgive (or soften) the appearance of any issues (at least for me) and in the spa with the jets on it will be really nice. That's for the future though and I would communicate with the builder my concerns (even if little can be done now).

Love the two level hedge. Are you going to let it grow taller? Your color will really pop against the (silver?) travertine and the dark green. Also the stonework is beautiful on the ground and on that matching wall.

Nice! Additional hoses may help, or it may just distribute the exact same amount of flow between three hoses instead of two. Depends on how good your water pressure is, how the lines are split, etc. It's just like electric circuits. There's only so much flow you can get out of a line for the given input pressure. If you have two lines on different circuits, then you can get more power. But overloading the same circuit will not change anything.

Reactions: Newdude
The plaster looks good! Did they do your toe tile right before plaster same day? I will say I think water helps forgive (or soften) the appearance of any issues (at least for me) and in the spa with the jets on it will be really nice. That's for the future though and I would communicate with the builder my concerns (even if little can be done now).

Love the two level hedge. Are you going to let it grow taller? Your color will really pop against the (silver?) travertine and the dark green. Also the stonework is beautiful on the ground and on that matching wall.

Thanks! They did the toe tile about 2 months ago, took a while to get to the next step. The acid wash guys did a decent job cleaning it up. Doesn't look perfect, but you right, now that it's under water it has softened the look a bit and it looks ok.

Not going to let the 2 level hedge get taller, actually need to cut both of them down a bit, gardner hasn't been able to get back there and do his thing for a few months now. The back hedge is behind a retaining wall and the side hedge is not and our gardner has recommended that we keep each one about the level of the fence behind it.

Pool full. Tested levels:

ph: 9.2
CL: .05 (not supposed to add until day 3)
TA: 80
CH: 125

Pool company supposed to come and start up the pool tomorrow and I've been told "they only pour in acid" and then leave it up to me. So I guess I'll wait to do anything until then and then see if I need some baking soda as I'm assuming they will add muriatic acid to bring the PH down but then I'll need to bring the TA back up.

Need to head over to Leslie's pool supply store for a few things. I scoured the local hardware stores and they don't have anything besides for chlorine. I guess I need some baking soda (grocery store), calcium chloride and cyanuric acid. Not sure if I should stock up though, or just buy the minimum qty.

Don't be quick to add baking soda. Give your water time for the TA to rise naturally after acid is added. Otherwise you will just be chasing more high pH.

What startup guide are you following?

Don't be quick to add baking soda. Give your water time for the TA to rise naturally after acid is added. Otherwise you will just be chasing more high pH.

What startup guide are you following?

Thanks again Allen! Pool company gave me these to follow: National Plasterers Council

The only thing I'm not sure about is the sequestering agent. I don't think that is needed as I'm on city water but I've asked the pool company to confirm.

Pool full. Tested levels:

ph: 9.2
CL: .05 (not supposed to add until day 3)
TA: 80
CH: 125

Pool company supposed to come and start up the pool tomorrow and I've been told "they only pour in acid" and then leave it up to me. So I guess I'll wait to do anything until then and then see if I need some baking soda as I'm assuming they will add muriatic acid to bring the PH down but then I'll need to bring the TA back up.

Need to head over to Leslie's pool supply store for a few things. I scoured the local hardware stores and they don't have anything besides for chlorine. I guess I need some baking soda (grocery store), calcium chloride and cyanuric acid. Not sure if I should stock up though, or just buy the minimum qty.
Congratulations!! Please post pictures!!!!

Reactions: KCNM

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.