Pebble done!

You're lucky and you get to run those panels year round! Like an idiot I started to run my pump at night instead of during the day and I think that contributed to dropping the pool temp down to 59. Ran the panels for a few hours today to see how well they work and got it back up to 61 before cloud cover came in.

Apparently the Onmi PL is supposed to monitor the temp of the solar panels and adjust accordingly but I can't find much documentation in the manual about exactly how it works so I'm still figuring it out, but I think that is supposed to be automated. The guy who set up the pool equipment said you want it at least 7 degree warmer air than pool water for the solar to work but I don't know if you configure that or how it works.

Over the weekend I did mess around with what it means to winterize the solar panels and opened the drain attached to the bottom of the panel array on the roof. I couldn't believe how much water was in there considering I'd never used them, but maybe they got switched on during setup. Anyway, I drained it completely cause it was probably stale water, closed it up when it was done, then tested it again the next day to see if I got it all and surprisingly there was a ton more water in there even though I never turned it on. Does the valve system for the solar heating still allow some water to go up there even if it's turned off?
Seven degrees seems extremely conservative to me. Those solar panels are something like 70-80% efficient at capturing light. If the sun feels warm, then they can pull that heat into the water.

17E0D061-87A5-4AFB-8877-B0E9BB1E4B54.jpegI tried the solar pool heating, with no cover it’s basically worthless right now. A couple of degrees gained during the day only to be lost at night. 63 degree water hasn’t stopped the kids so all good.

On another note, any tips on adjusting these returns? I can’t seem to get the to move or unscrew at all for the life of me. Tried a screwdriver inserted inside and wouldn’t budge and I can’t unscrew anything by hand. They have all the returns not setup well and I don’t get much flow between the stairs and spa.

OMG, I can't believe they are swimming in 63 degree water...I assume without wetsuits?! I've been swimming in my 67-69 degree pool with a wetsuit on and still whining, hahaha. brrrrrrrrr
We got that thin Florida blood Kathy! My son won't even get in today and it's 72.

• Haha
Reactions: TampaKathy
We got that thin Florida blood Kathy! My son won't even get in today and it's 72.
Lol, to be fair the weather is warm and they jump into the pool and it’s a race back to the spa. No lounging or lap swimming is happening here, if anything I just want the mayhem to move out of the spa where I’m trying to relax. I’m sure once the new pool wears off they’ll get some thin skin also.

Reactions: TampaKathy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.