peanut oil in pool

quacka

LifeTime Supporter
May 30, 2012
So my daughter decided to pour peanut oil into pool...not sure how much, but entire surface has oil spots. What's the best way to remove the oil? do I need to drain?

You don't need to drain. If there isn't too much oil, you can use a Scum-Ball. If you have a lot of oil, you can use a PIG[emoji768] Oil-Only Absorbent Mat Pad.

+1 on the Pig Mats!! I've used p/n MAT551 to clean up my sister-in-law's Exxon Valdez-like tanning oil slicks that she leaves in my pool every time they visit. One free floating in the pool and the other in the skimmer. Works like a charm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks guys. I ordered both! I think i'm going to grab an enzyme from leslie's as well while the pig mat and scum ball are shipping. I also thought to run just the skimmers on waste setting to skim off the top oily water. Good idea?

Cool, thanks guys. I ordered both! I think i'm going to grab an enzyme from leslie's as well while the pig mat and scum ball are shipping. I also thought to run just the skimmers on waste setting to skim off the top oily water. Good idea?

Unless you have Venturi type skimmer's or the water level in the skimmer is really low, the oil will collect and float in the skimmer and not get flushed to waste. I wouldn't bother with the enzymes but I doubt it will hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.