North Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I currently have an Intermatic PF1202T Wired up to a 220V single speed main pool pump and wired to a box containing a 110v Stenner pump. I am wanting to substitute a PE153PF to allow for better timing control of the Stenner and allow use of my currently disconnected Single speed 220V booster pump. I am wondering if the PE153 Timer is a drop in (click in?) replacement for the T104M? and also if there is anything special I need to do for having both 220V pumps and the 110V Stenner on the same timer. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I thought it said that the PE153 was a drop in replacement for the T model timers, but I can't find it. I'm pretty sure it is though.

There's no issue in having the 120 & 240 volt circuits in the same timer.

So, Ithink this is how I need to wire it up, based on my current wiring and how my pumps work. Any input would be greatly appreciated

112368This is the mode I would think I would need. Or would it be better to substitute the stenner in the 3 spot so it doesn't run alone, and set the 2 spot for the booster pump which doesn't normally run?

Either way will work, it just depends on which device you'd like to have priority.
If you absolutely don't want the injection pump running unless the main pump is on, then the last way of wiring it would be what you should choose.

just to be sure, there's no problem just breaking one leg of the 220V to stop the pump?

That will work but it is a safety issue. Someone working on the pump can assume the wires are not powered when the device is off while one hot leg will be.

I don’t think it is to NEC code.

If you insist on doing it that way you should clearly label and put signage saying “WARNING! WIRES ARE HOT WHEN PUMPS ARE OFF”

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.