PB Pool School - it’s mine now!

3asyB

Silver Supporter
Jan 7, 2019
CSTX
Well pool school from our builder is this weekend. I’ve been brushing for a week and a half. Been using my tf100 for a week, pb is still maintaining chemical balance. I have liquid chlorine ready.

See my signature for pool specs, anything particular I should ask or prepare for?

I’ve been using my Omni logic for a week or so, so I think I understand it for the most part.

Attachments

• 134E84E1-AEA2-43D3-8CE6-1D6E3915B710.jpeg
    134E84E1-AEA2-43D3-8CE6-1D6E3915B710.jpeg
    542.4 KB · Views: 41
  • FBF03C05-D5BB-48BD-85DE-C5CBA5D83737.jpeg
    FBF03C05-D5BB-48BD-85DE-C5CBA5D83737.jpeg
    543.9 KB · Views: 40
Listen to them, especially about the equipment, valve settings etc. You can pretty much ignore the chemistry portion.
Any questions, post them up here.

Good luck! My "pool school" was totally useless. All they talked about was flinging random chemicals in the pool (literally). I could not end it quickly enough. Fortunately the guy giving it hated life and wanted to leave asap. Hopefully yours is better.

Same here. Told my PB to leave and not come back. Ended up hiring TexSun Pools to do pool school. They found the easy touch was wired incorrectly and auto fill was not hooked up.

I was so lucky to have the best pool school. My PB did not try to be an expert in Hayward automation, so he had a consultant guy on call that he used for that purpose. He was a former Hayward regional service manager. He asked me if I needed assistance with the chemistry and I said no. Then he spent 1-2 hours programming things and showing me all the details. Perfect. And he was just giving all kinds of interesting background information on Hayward products and their evolution to that point. I was sorry he had to leave.

No PB pool school offered for mine. They wanted to take care of it for the first couple months for $600 but I declined. So far, with the great advise on this board, it really hasn't been bad at all. The testing seems to get faster and faster each time I do it. I also don't test everything everyday...mostly FC, pH, and TA daily. You are going to do great!

So....I added liquid chlorine and muriatic acid this evening. Pool school (PB hands it over to me tomorrow am)

FC was at 1.5, I added a little over a quart of 12.5% chlorine
PH was at 8.2, I added 2 quarts of 31.45% muriatic or (20 Baume?)

Pump on high. How long before I can test again to see how it worked?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Always best to wait 15-30 minutes between additions of chlorine and acid. They do not play nice together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.