Patching holes on Bestway Helsinki hot tub?

awvickers

Apr 12, 2021
Minneapolis, MN
I have a inflatable Bestway Helsinki hot tub. Our dog freaks out when the bubble jets are on and started biting at the wall of the tub. We now have two punctures on the top of the "frame" with punctures. I have tried everything possible to patch these holes but they never hold. Tried Type B vinyl patch, vinyl cement patch and the super sticky flex tape you would find at home depot.

Anyone have any ideas? What about an epoxy glue or something??

hottub.jpg

I have a inflatable Bestway Helsinki hot tub. Our dog freaks out when the bubble jets are on and started biting at the wall of the tub. We now have two punctures on the top of the "frame" with punctures. I have tried everything possible to patch these holes but they never hold. I dont know if it's the heat moisture of the cover, a different type of vinyl or what... Tried Type B vinyl patch, vinyl cement patch and the super sticky flex tape you would find at home depot, the next morning air has visually leaked and the patches don't stick.

Anyone have any ideas? What about an epoxy glue or something??

View attachment 327880

Nope. Sorry, I have never seen one.
They make a vinyl patch kit for air mattresses and rafts that is sold in the camping section at Walmart. That might work for a while, but isn't going to like poor chemistry any more than a pool liner patch does.

I got this from the Tear Aid website
There are two types of Tear-Aid: Type A and Type B. I have had good luck with the Tear Aid type A. Maybe the top you are trying to repair is not actually vinyl?
Tear-Aid Type B is to be applied to Vinyl and Vinyl coated surfaces only. If the top layer of the product you are adhering the patch to is vinyl or vinyl coated you will use Type B.
Tear-Aid Type A is applied to Canvas, Rubber, Neoprene, Nylon, Most Fabrics, Plastics, Sunbrella, Gortex, Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polyurethane, Non-oiled Leather, Acrylics, Fiberglass, Aluminum, Polyester, Hypalon, Dacron… (Do not apply Type A to vinyl). If the top layer of the product you are repairing is any of the listed materials you will use Type A.

Reactions: RDspaguy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.