Passed OCLT, but can't get cloudy water clear?

just ran some quick numbers:

FC: 7.5
CC: 0 or 0.5
pH: 7.8

Hard to say how much chlorine my SWG produces today. I’m still learning it and changed the settings a couple times, once unknowingly while resetting the IntelliConnect. Picture of E5 hard at work in the clouds around 7:30 pm today. I know preach patience but it’d be nice to see some change. Curious how much idiot “I don’t care what the chemicals say” PB set me back by not backwashing the brand new filter 🤦‍♂️
15528A63-86BF-4930-A68C-EF288E977E7B.jpeg

Just for good measure, passed another OCLT
The difference between rookies and pros is the time it takes them to react. Rookies sit around and make excuses why they don't need to OCLT/SLAM, while pros OCLT/SLAM first and ask questions later. It doesn't end well for one of them.

look at you go. :salut:

Reactions: TKpoolOH
So added DE, hard to get exact, but I’d say close to 2.5 cups following the TFP directions for adding DE. The needle did not move at all for PSI. Stuck at 5 PSI at 1500 RPM. Should I keep adding it or let it be and work on my patience?

So added DE, hard to get exact, but I’d say close to 2.5 cups following the TFP directions for adding DE. The needle did not move at all for PSI. Stuck at 5 PSI at 1500 RPM. Should I keep adding it or let it be and work on my patience?
You may find that running at low RPM will not show the increase. I would run the pump up to 2800-3000 when you do that addition to see the increase in the PSI. At low flow, you won't see the increase.

Should I keep adding it or let it be and work on my patience?
Maybe wait and watch for a bit. Not sure if you mentioned previously, does your gauge go to zero when the system is off? Best to ensure there are no issues with the gauge.

does your gauge go to zero when the system is off?
Yes, it goes to zero when off. Another interesting thing, I turned the heater on and and intelliflo increased from 1500 rpm to 2460 and it says it’s running in pump override mode. Couldn’t find that in the manual?

On my Easytouch, you set a Circuit called Pool Heater, and a corresponding pump rpm, and when heat is called for, the system increases the rpm of the pump. Not sure how that works on your IntelliConnect.

and when heat is called for, the system increases the rpm of the pump
That’s definitely it. Messed around a bit with some settings and found another thread on here talking about it. I just didn’t remember it doing that the other day when it was heating up. Seems like an awfully high default but guess it is what it is.

On the original cloudy water note, I know I’m supposed to be patient and wait but I honestly feel like if i turned off the pump/filter it would clear up better just using the robot like I had been doing. I am not noticing any difference in water clarity.
1C467B0A-FFF7-468F-A590-818A481F105E.jpeg
F97FFC4B-C5F8-4C71-AF64-EC60B0442F0F.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
On the original cloudy water note, I know I’m supposed to be patient and wait but I honestly feel like if i turned off the pump/filter it would clear up better just using the robot like I had been doing. I am not noticing any difference in water clarity.
Sand filters take the longest to clear. Keep both robot and filter going. You might try DE...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.