Passed OCLT, but can't get cloudy water clear?

At the risk of looking like GW back in ‘03, I might just call it Mission Accomplished. Incremental improvements are probably gonna be hard to see over the next several days/weeks. Maybe I’ll post one final pic once I can flip a coin in the deep end and read heads or tails down 8’6” 😉. Thank you everyone for your advice and encouragement!
781AAB94-A58D-47E2-84F8-EFDE4E83B27D.jpeg3292967B-00A4-4FFA-A185-3EBF8BAA7343.jpeg

Got it, will do. Chart recommends 5-10, so I’m right in line already. Was thinking I’d need 3-5, but that’s the minimum. I’ll keep the extra buffer 😉

Yep, stay well away from minimum! 👍

Personally, I treat the target range as my minimum. As such, I never have algae or a cloudy pool.

TK, I had a bit of a revelation before. You are starting at a mental disadvantage right now. My pool took 4 to 6 weeks to fully clear last year, and at the time, I was just so dang happy that it finally was over, I still thought it was beautiful. You should have gone through that too, but with no equipment, it got delayed. Then you spent all winter dreaming of clear water and now it's disappointing to have to pay your dues polishing the water.

This time last year, neither one of us thought we'd ever be swimming, and here we are. Sit back. Have a beverage and enjoy the Heck outta the 3 day weekend. The rest will come. :)

For municipal water, it was nasty. It was both green and brown at the same time

Screenshot_20230526_161751_Gallery.jpg

Then with all the dirt and getting the patio installed, it was real easy to chalk the haze up to all the work being done. You had those sawcuts, and eventhough they did their best, you just know a bunch found its way in anyway. Then the big storms washed the curing concrete into the pool all winter long. So yeah. It's gonna take a minute and the little robot that could deserves a raise.

Protip: nobody swimming has the time to nitpick, they're too busy being all WOOHOO POOL !!!! But occasionally someone fully dressed is trying to pass the time (not having fun) and they start to focus on things like the water or a wrinkle. So do what I do and give them a good nudge so they can inspect it close up. I'm a good friend like that. They will never look for things that are wrong again.

TK, I had a bit of a revelation before. You are starting at a mental disadvantage right now. My pool took 4 to 6 weeks to fully clear last year, and at the time, I was just so dang happy that it finally was over, I still thought it was beautiful. You should have gone through that too, but with no equipment, it got delayed. Then you spent all winter dreaming of clear water and now it's disappointing to have to pay your dues polishing the water.

This time last year, neither one of us thought we'd ever be swimming, and here we are. Sit back. Have a beverage and enjoy the Heck outta the 3 day weekend. The rest will come. :)

For municipal water, it was nasty. It was both green and brown at the same time

View attachment 496553

Then with all the dirt and getting the patio installed, it was real easy to chalk the haze up to all the work being done. You had those sawcuts, and eventhough they did their best, you just know a bunch found its way in anyway. Then the big storms washed the curing concrete into the pool all winter long. So yeah. It's gonna take a minute and the little robot that could deserves a raise.

Protip: nobody swimming has the time to nitpick, they're too busy being all WOOHOO POOL !!!! But occasionally someone fully dressed is trying to pass the time (not having fun) and they start to focus on things like the water or a wrinkle. So do what I do and give them a good nudge so they can inspect it close up. I'm a good friend like that. They will never look for things that are wrong again.
Thank you! There’s just too much here to quote, so I will say yes, after all the waiting I was shocked when the salt and equipment startup made my water even cloudier and took me time to clear it up. Boy am I glad this is over and it’s time to have fun! I think I am living the TFP life now, time to close down this thread. Check out these pics from this morning, robot is 8’6” deep!
1BF44FF1-D3CD-4C1D-BB74-350A43F46BB2.jpeg5F603C10-B9A8-45D8-916A-EACC6293F8E7.jpeg

I know I am a month or so late, but nice pool the end definitely justifies the means when the means is the TFP method. While the grandkids don't complain, I do wish I could afford a nice in ground with a slide like that (no diving board, I have seen too much go wrong with them) Enjoy your pool, and drink one for your poor pool robot trying to do the work of a filtration system :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know I am a month or so late, but nice pool the end definitely justifies the means when the means is the TFP method.
Thanks!
... (no diving board, I have seen too much go wrong with them) ...
First rule of our diving board, Don't Dive. Second rule of our diving board, Don't Dive. It's more like a jumping board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.