Paramont UltraClear to help SWG?

Van G

Bronze Supporter
Mar 22, 2016
Toronto
Our AquaRite Low Salt SWG struggles to keep our pool at 4 FC with our heavy use and hot temps, even with 14 hr pump run time.

We keep our pool very clean, use filter socks, and service the equipment appropriately.

Paramount UltraClear (Ozone and UV) claims to reduce chlorine needs by 80%. Anyone have experience with this system? Worthwhile purchase?

That device will actually consume some chlorine. And does not lower the required FC based on the FC/CYA Levels

Read Ozone Systems - Further Reading and UV Systems - Further Reading

Thanks for the links - that crosses this off my list.

Back to figuring out how to get AQR-15 working for our pool! Currently running pump 14 hrs a day and adding a L of 12% bleach every other day or when we have more people in the pool - which is 10 or less these days :)

For reference, Salt is at 1900 and AquaRite is running at 100%.

Run the pump more hours. You have a VS pump. Should be able to run at 1500 rpm or so. Electric use should be under 250wH.

@Hayward Pool said You can also run the low salt unit at the same salt level as the standard unit.

AquaRite Low Salt Chlorine Generator
Hayward sells a low salt model outside the US. Primarily for the Canadian market. Certain communities in the Ontario area have passed low salt requirements for discharge into the sewer system. Toronto being one.

The low salt unit is designed to make chlorine at low salt level without the unit showing a low salt level service light. It is only good on pools up to 25,000 gals. With low salt the unit will make less chlorine at the same set point as the standard model. You can also run the low salt unit at the same salt level as the standard unit.

Specifications are:
  • For in-ground pools up to 30,000 gallons
  • Operates at just 1200 - 1800 ppm
  • Uses the T-15 cell
To determine the total output (lbs chlorine gas) per day check the amps while running and multiply by 0.18.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your cell can create 0.738 lbs of chlorine gas per day at 100% generating. That is equivalent to a Hayward T5 cell.
If run at 100% generating for 24 hours per day, it will add 4.7 ppm FC to your pool water. That should be enough to maintain your FC in the target range if your CYA is at 60-70 ppm.

CYA is 60 but I do not run 24 hrs a day. Right now I run 14 hrs.

Is the solution to raise salt level to a certain PPM based on Cell Amperage, Pool Volume, and Pump run time?

So start with desired FC, then how much gas I need produced each day?

Is there a scale showing how much chlorine a pool uses based on time of year?

I believe the solution is to run 24 hours per day. From what I read, that cell is designed to show high salt at 1800 ppm or so and stop generating.

Most pools use 2-4 ppm FC per day. So you might be able to run the pump only 20 - 22 hours per day, or reduce your % generation to 80% or so at 24 hours per day.

From what has been reported the low salt system will give a message about HIGH SALT but keep on generating at an increased chlorine output.

If the cell does not give enough chlorine running at 100% 24 hours a day then I would increase the salt to 2500 ppm and see what output you get.

Reactions: mknauss
We're estimating the chlorine output from the amps. The higher salinity increases the amperage, but I don't know if it's strictly linear. I would estimate that doubling the salinity would roughly double the chlorine generated.

At some point, the unit will shut down and stop producing chlorine. For the regular aquarite, it's 8 amps. The low salt version might be 8 amps or a lower number or possibly even a higher number.

Keep an eye on the amperage to see if the cell is still producing chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.