Bronze Supporter
Jun 25, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
I have an old Dolphin Atlantis. I also have a pool with fiberglass walls and a concrete bottom. I painted the bottom with epoxy paint about 3 seasons ago. Last year, I hardly used the robotic cleaner at all, and the paint looked fantastic. This year, I've had the robot in all season, and the paint is chipping all over the pool, not just in one spot. I noticed the robot climbs the walls, and then floats back down to the bottom, sometimes sideways. I suspect that the corners of the robot may be chipping my pool paint when it hits the bottom. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Hey BM !! Your robot shouldn’t be any harsher than brushing/vac-ing yourself. Try that for a week or two to prove it’s just time and both you and the robot are taking up the paint that isn’t holding anymore. Most underwater paints lost their durability for environmental concerns and don’t last like they used to. People still use them but if you continue, do so knowing that you’ll be re-doing it sooner than later.

Reactions: bmj0928
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.