Ozone System

danzgator

Bronze Supporter
Apr 8, 2019
Largo, FL
I've searched some threads and it seems like the general consensus on TFP is that ozone systems are unnecessary, don't decrease the chlorine needed, and the system may consume chlorine somehow. I'm having a pool installed and the builder convinced me to include and ozone system with the pool and it is included in our contract. I've had several discussions with him about it, but he swears by it, has it on his pool, says you need it for kids to have lower chlorine, etc. I've asked him to take it out of the and give me a credit for it, but he says its free, he's throwing it in, and there is no credit to take it out of our contract. It's not a huge $ item to start WWIII over, but if I'm not going to get a credit, should I just have him install it, or would you just tell him to keep it?

I've searched some threads and it seems like the general consensus on TFP is that ozone systems are unnecessary, don't decrease the chlorine needed, and the system may consume chlorine somehow. I'm having a pool installed and the builder convinced me to include and ozone system with the pool and it is included in our contract. I've had several discussions with him about it, but he swears by it, has it on his pool, says you need it for kids to have lower chlorine, etc. I've asked him to take it out of the and give me a credit for it, but he says its free, he's throwing it in, and there is no credit to take it out of our contract. It's not a huge $ item to start WWIII over, but if I'm not going to get a credit, should I just have him install it, or would you just tell him to keep it?

Funny that when you ask him to pull it out of the contract and give you money for it he says it’s not worth any money so there’s no credit :unsure: So, according to his logic, it’s a worthless piece of equipment that he swears works miracles....oh, and you’re a horrible parent to boot for putting your kids in chlorinated water....amazing how convincing his logic is...

There’s no need to start a war over it. This is YOUR pool, YOUR home and YOUR money. Therefore YOU decide what is and is not right for YOU. Your PB doesn’t get a vote. I would politely inform him that you do not want the ozone system installed and, if he’d like to leave it by the trash can he’s more than welcome or he can take it with him and install it on another pool.

Up to you...

If its free leave it in .....If it helps it helps if not its no skin of your back. I've read all the ozone posts and the throw it in the trash stuff from everyone, some from legit posters with tons of knowledge on here and some just say it because they saw someone else post it but I have one and like you mine was also free and didn't get me any credit if I refused it so I kept it.....so far I've ran my pool with and without it and have seen no increase or decrease in chlorine usage so the way I see it is if its somehow killing some bacteria that the chlorine doesn't than hey its fine with me. If it stops operating I wont replace it but for now its not hurting anything that I've been able to detect being installed.

If he doesn't give you any credit, have him just give it to you and throw it on eBay. If you are still in the planning phase, trade it for deep heat floor returns they are MUCH better.

+1 what joyfullnoise said.....the builder admits it's worthless by not giving you credit.

Have him give it to you uninstalled and then sell it on ebay......or sell back to him when he wants to get one for his next pool!:)

Reactions: danzgator
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.