Owner/builder SoCal

What's the plan for the section of dirt between the stairs and pool wall?

- - - Updated - - -

I would suggest adding the step lights. I nearly blew my big toe off on one of my stairs because I didn't see it last night... and I have a lot of light around my pool.

Why did you not take the steps all the way to the pool wall? I don't think you would want a planter right there due to stuff dropping into the bar and pool.

I WOULD put a light on the steps like you say. It will be pretty and functional at the same time!

LOL you KNEW someone would ask you what you were going to put on the steps! That will look awesome!

Kim:kim:

ROCKS!!!!

Just rock it. Planter will be messy and attract bugs. Rocks don't need water, fertilizer or anything for that matter.

ROCKS!!!!

(Says guy that lives in a desert....)

e0b79ee01ad7e74bd075550aa744bf85.jpg

The last step is in! Ok, so we didn't extend the steps to the pool because the gunite doesn't extend all the way down in one part where the Baja shelf is to the base of the stairs so we'd have exposed dirt. Also, and the main reason is I thought it would be weird if the stairs ended under the counter. You can see in the pic how it extends in to the sunken bar. The space between is 16". We can pour in place concrete or make it out of foam and cover it with stucco.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That has to feel good to see that part done! Starting to see what the whole thing will look like!

SO where will the post go beside the stairs? I am sure you/we will come up with the purrfect thing to put there to make it pretty!

Kim:kim:

The post will come out of the planter right next to the counter and pool coping. We won't get to the patio cover until probably next year so the planter is a nice way of having the footing in place without it being and eyesore. We did the same thing with the pergola out front. It took us a year or two before we got around to finishing it but the raised planters had the footing and post holders in place.

Definitely wood

Just keep in mind that anything that builds up on the roof (dust, bird poop, whatever) will then run off the roof and into the pool. So don't be surprised if that section of the pool gets a little more "grungy looking" than the rest. Just something to keep an eye on so make sure your pool cleaning robot, aka Mike, knows to scrub a little more diligently over there...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.