Owner/Builder Cocoa, Florida

Sep 4, 2009
Cocoa, Florida
Well, I just started the plans process today with the same plans company I used for my previous homes pool. This one will not be as extravagant as my last build though. Just purchased a new home that was constructed with brick with a very nice back porch that will look great with a large pool deck and a modest pool/spa combo with no screen enclosure. I am open to all suggestions. This was my last move so this pool has to be right. LOL

I am going to eventually have solar and heat pump but initially just the heat pump and I will plumb for the solar and add it later.

Equipment that I am in the process of purchasing now is:

Pentair Easy Touch 8 with the 40k gallon Intellichlor salt cell
Pentair 3hp Variable speed pump
Pentair Ultra High Temp 70 heater (Heat Pump)
Pentair 5G Intellibrite Pool Light
Pentair 5G Intellibrite Spa Light
Intellibrite controller
Pentair Clean and Clear Plus 320sq ft filter (cartridge)

you would not need the Intellebrite controller with the Easytouch as the lights can be controlled directly from the ET.

The biggest thing I regret not doing on my pool is an integrated (under the coping) automated cover....

Also screenlogic interface for ET if you are a smart phone person.

I was under the impression that I can set the lights up to come on and off with the easy touch pretty easy, but, to change the light from one mood to another I would still have to turn the power on and off a certain amount of times to accomplish that. With the light controller it is as simple as picking the light setting you want. I hope I am wrong though. Don't really want to add more money to the project than necessary.

Hi! I'm down in Palm Bay in the middle of our build. We hired a builder, though. It's been slow going. Gunite done at end of March and they just now finished the plumbing. Had fill dirt delivered the other day to level out our sloping yard. Hoping for tile and rock work to get done this week.

Looking forward to your our build and some pictures!

I was under the impression that I can set the lights up to come on and off with the easy touch pretty easy, but, to change the light from one mood to another I would still have to turn the power on and off a certain amount of times to accomplish that. With the light controller it is as simple as picking the light setting you want. I hope I am wrong though. Don't really want to add more money to the project than necessary.

The ET automates the colors and modes - so it can make it switch to blue, red or a custom pattern of colors. No on or off.. its programmed via the ET.. no separate control needed...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I sent the survey to the pool design firm so I should be getting some preliminary drawings sometimes this week or early next week.

poolproject0001.jpg Photo by joeagonzalezjr | Photobucket

I am not having much luck attaching a photobucket pic to this message. I'll do some more research at home

Joe, I did this one for you. At photo bucket click on the last bar on the right of the picture (IMG). It will copy the pic. Then you hop over to your post and right click, paste. Kim

Hey Kim, Thanks for the help I will have to figure that out for sure. I ordered the plans today. The engineer said it will take 2-4 weeks to get them ready then the fun really begins. I have a few errands to run for them first. My survey shows a easement for power in the front yard, but, not in the backyard so I have to make sure we can go back to the fence as far as we would like. On the other side of the yard I also have to be concerned with the septic systems drain field. I think I have to be 8 feet from it with the pool deck and I should have plenty of room. The patio shown above is 32 feet long and I plan to come this way about 10 additional feet to setup a place for my grill and smoker. We are wanting to go out 25 feet away which will be 8 feet from the fence. We chose a pool size of 12x24 with a 7x7 spa. The depth we chose was 3ft to 5ft. Pool deck will be 42ft wide x 25ft deep.

- - - Updated - - -

you would not need the Intellebrite controller with the Easytouch as the lights can be controlled directly from the ET.

The biggest thing I regret not doing on my pool is an integrated (under the coping) automated cover....

Also screenlogic interface for ET if you are a smart phone person.

I did contact Pentair and the newer model Easytouch systems have the capability to control the lighting schemes of the Intellibrites. Thank you for the heads up on that. Saved me some cash..!!

Well I got good news today from the county and environmental health. I have not issues with the size of the pool deck and pool on our property with regards to easements and setbacks. Plans are in work and hope to get a preliminary plan in a couple days.

Started picking out my equipment and have it waiting in my cart to check out. I am waiting to get the preliminary pool plans to go ahead and place the order. Any input would be most appreciated. Pool size will be 12' x 24' with a 7' spa

Pentair 520545 EasyTouch 8 Function Control Pool/Spa Combo with IC40

Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo 3HP Variable Speed Pool Pump Ultra Energy-Efficient, 230V

Pentair Clean and Clear Plus CCP420 Cartridge 420 sq. ft. In Ground Pool Filter

Pentair UltraTemp Model 70 UltraTemp 75,000 BTU Pool and Spa Heat Pump

Pentair 601011 IntelliBrite 5G Color LED 12V, 26W, 50' Cord with Stainless Steel Face Ring Pool Light

Pentair 640131 IntelliBrite 5G Color Spa Light with 50' Cord, 12V

Intermatic PX100 100-Watt Safety Transformer Steel Enclosure (2ea)

Pentair 522104 ScreenLogic Interface and Wireless Connection Kit Bundle

Pentair 506521 Bermuda Vinyl Skimmer Wide Mouth - White - 1-1/2in. Port

AquaStar 32CDAV101 32in Channel Drain Anti-Entrapment (Anti-Vortex) Suction Outlet Cover, White (2ea)

If you are going with something other than white plaster, I'd recommend getting the channel drain that can accept pebble or whatever your surface is, to make it disappear. Like this one...

http://www.poolfittings.com/channel-pebble-top/

I think it's a two part thing. The cover above fits into an A&A drain. I have regular raised round which cause my A20 robot to get delayed (but never fully stuck). The above is the ideal solution in my book.

If you are going with something other than white plaster, I'd recommend getting the channel drain that can accept pebble or whatever your surface is, to make it disappear. Like this one...

http://www.poolfittings.com/channel-pebble-top/

I think it's a two part thing. The cover above fits into an A&A drain. I have regular raised round which cause my A20 robot to get delayed (but never fully stuck). The above is the ideal solution in my book.

That Aquastar is what I used on my last pool with Pebble and it is a flush mount drain, but, I am intrigued about the ability to match the pool finish with the one you recommended. I'll be checking that out more

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.