San Diego
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Did my overnight test. I didn't get my fc up to 1.8 a little shy of 3.
All other levels cc .4. Ph7.4 alk 100.
Cya is at 50
My fc went from 1.8 to .8. I'm good right?

Just need to get me cya and my fc right?
Used a Taylor test

Cop
FC should be least 3ppm for OCLT. I like to get mine up to 5ppm.
Copy that. And I just supplement my swg with pouring in bleach to get to 3
Your target FC for a CYA of 50 is 8 ppm. Raise your FC to that level for the OCLT.
Thanks for the info. Seems like a ton of chlorine but I'll get it in there. Is 8 ppm safe to swim in?

Is 8 ppm safe to swim in?
You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool. In your pool, that is between 3 and 20 ppm FC.

The SWCG is off during this. The pool is treated as a normal chlorine pool.
The Swg was running all day and off at night during the test. It doesn't run at night normally.
I run it at 80 percent during day and off at night normally. That's how it was set up. Thanks

You can safely swim in a pool as long as the FC is above the minimum and at or below SLAM level based on your CYA. You must also be able to see the bottom of the pool in the deep end of the pool. In your pool, that is between 3 and 20 ppm FC.
Copy that. I don't have any water problems really. I'm just trying to get me cya up because I'm burning through chlorine. Hot sunny warm weather. Shooting for 70 using Clorox stabilizer and sock. Added a little yesterday. I guess I need a few days before I see the results right?
Thank you

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your target FC for a CYA of 50 is 8 ppm. Raise your FC to that level for the OCLT.
After reading through the tfp info. I guess my first job should be to get my cya up to 70. 50 is not even listed as a level in the Swg cya levels and 60 is not recommended.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.