PearlandPoolFam

Dec 14, 2020
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, we are the owners of a new beautiful 19x28 pool with all sorts of features. We are however concerned about our skimmer and overflow set up. We have 1 paramount Venturi skimmer for the entire pool. PB stated and reassured several times that the scammers are more effective and you only need one versus the traditional two skimmer set up. Well it is more efficient but only on half of the pool. It doesn’t pull anything over from the other side of the pool. Our biggest issue is that they did not plum and overflow anywhere else except the port that is attached to the Venturi skimmer. We have gotten two rains recent of about 2.5” and our pool has almost overflowed both times. Currently our concerns have been brushed off. We live in an area where heavy rain storms are common. The one skimmer has been an issue since day one and not installed well. I am concerned now that our one overflow is not enough or blocked. Since PB isn’t taking my overflow concerns on our brand new crazy expensive pool seriously, who can I reach out to? Is it possible to have a true overflow added? We have two friends who love very close, who built with same PB and they do not have this issue with pool getting very full with a couple inches of rain. Thank you!

Attachments

• 967BE6EB-AA7A-452B-8B9F-4148BC3FDDB3.jpeg
    967BE6EB-AA7A-452B-8B9F-4148BC3FDDB3.jpeg
    552.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 732F2963-62E5-425F-BEF0-E6240F7E66F3.jpeg
    732F2963-62E5-425F-BEF0-E6240F7E66F3.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 27
Pearl,

Your account shows that you are "In the pool Industry".. Is that true, or an error on our part??

The idea that Venturi Skimmer is better is only half true.. It is not much better when using a single speed pump, and not at all better when using a VS pump at low speed..

I "suspect" that your pool builder just connected your overflow to a few feet of pipe just leading into the ground. This means once the ground gets wet, it will not longer accept any more water. If you took a bunch of pics during your build, see where the pipe goes.. It should do to "daylight" somewhere downhill from your pool.

If you have not already done so, turn your pool returns (eyeballs) so that the water in your pool rotates, like a flushing toilet bowl, but obviously much, much slower.. This will help drag all the surface debris past the skimmer.

The real key to a well operating skimmer is the floating Weir door that is between the pool and the skimmer basket. I can't tell in the pic if you have a weir door or not.

We always recommend two skimmers because the wind blowing from different directions..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thank you for the catch. We are most definitely not in the industry. After asking a fourth person at our PB, we have finally found out that they indeed did not plumb our skimmer for an overflow and that we do not have one. And unfortunately that they knew. Disappointed to say the least with no idea or timeline on how they will remedy the situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.