Outdoor Area HELP Please

Thank you so much for all of the input and ideas....it is very appreciated!
The thing is, I have a vision in mind...I am really good at creating and visualizing how I want things done...it is just getting it together that is troublesome.

I want a nice, party/relaxed/islandy area.
What I have in mind is a casual relaxing area with a fire pit on the upper level (I have not shown pics of that yet but I will) you will then see how there is a need for so much concrete.
Walking towards the pool, to the right, I want a pavilion with an outdoor bar...this will have a kegerator, ice maker, beverage cooler, grill, TV....all purchased already. Just need to build the pavilion and bar...after the concrete of course.
Pub table and lounge chairs will be in between the pool house and bar...this is the area facing the back yard.
Then there's the pool house....I need it to have a face lift...doesn't have to be this year. I definitely like the door idea. And I want to resurface it somehow...some nice locking panels maybe?
Then a movie screen will be going to the left of the pool house to round out everything.

I have my vision...an entertaining, fun, and relaxing atmosphere. I just need the guidance on how to get there and the best routes to take.
I appreciate all of you!!

So what you need to do is shot a picture from the back yard towards the house so that we can see the whole house and pool area so we know what we are working with.

For the pool house-do you have any pictures you have seen that says "That is IT!". If so please share them so we can see what you are thinking.

Kim:kim:

So what you need to do is shot a picture from the back yard towards the house so that we can see the whole house and pool area so we know what we are working with.

For the pool house-do you have any pictures you have seen that says "That is IT!". If so please share them so we can see what you are thinking.

Kim:kim:

Yes! When I get home from work today, I will definitely do that :)
I haven't seen anything how I want the pool house done though (and I have searched and searched to see if anyone has done it) I just heard that there is locking panels that can be put on top of the wood that is already on the pool house....just to make it look more modern. So, I was thinking that along with doing something with the "face" of it.....(the overhang, the weird rooster weather vane, the door etc...)

I have an idea that you might like. I agree with getting rid of the rocks- they do not look well.

So my idea is....how about artificial grass in those areas? You have a fence around...so you do not want grass...too hard to cut. However, it will be soft for your kids' feet. It will look green- literally. It would cost less than pavers. I've seen it on pinterest. That's what my brain thought when I saw the photos of your backyard.

That's all.

I have an idea that you might like. I agree with getting rid of the rocks- they do not look well.

So my idea is....how about artificial grass in those areas? You have a fence around...so you do not want grass...too hard to cut. However, it will be soft for your kids' feet. It will look green- literally. It would cost less than pavers. I've seen it on pinterest. That's what my brain thought when I saw the photos of your backyard.

That's all.

Thank you so much for your suggestion! I like that idea.....only thing is that there is a pretty decent slope/pitch downhill going all the way around the pool (where those white rocks are) There is a section on the other side that I do plan on putting some of that in though now that you mention it :)

Now, I did get an estimate yesterday for $11,000 for 31 yards of concrete. This includes taking the fence out, but not putting the fence back into place once the new concrete is poured. Not sure how difficult it would be to put all of that fence back into place.

I still have to get some new pictures of the backyard to actually show more of the area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.