out of level 10 foot diameter intex pool and pump question

berkeley223

Aug 9, 2020
dc
Hi all
We just set up our 10 foot round intex (non-inflatable) pool. We set it up at the end of our long driveway which slopes. We did our best with foam squares underneath to set up as level a surface as we could but ended up still approx 3 inches out of level---measured by comparing the height of the water at the top end of the pool with the height at the bottom.
From reading I know that 2 inches and below is Ok and as it gets more than that it can be an issue, but thoughts on whether we need to be truly concerned here? We really just want the pool to get through the next 6-8 weeks or so, and it seems fairly sturdy so far.
Also how many hours a day do i need to run the pump? I've read various things ranging from 2-4, to 20-24.
Any advice for a newbie would be appreciated!

Welcome to TFP! :)
3 inches is pushing it. I would be careful about creating big waves that rock the wall back and forth.

Pump run time depends on: How dirty water is, how well skimmer works if it has one, SWG or not, etc. Add your pool information to your signature, similar to mine. Helps the experts help you. Settings/signature.

Try 4 to 6 hours, see how it works. Bump up or down depending on results.

Suggest you read ABC's of pool water chemistry, see link in my signature.
Consider getting a proper test kit, guess strips and pool stores are notoriously unreliable. I prefer the TF100 with speed stir. Link also in my sig.
Good Luck! :swim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.