Opinions Welcomed (Updated)NC PB Quote w/ Design Photos

@kimkats is our design Queen.

Those trees new or existing?

What is the slope and runoff of water like in the area so that you don't get runoff into the pool?

Where is pool equipment pad going?

Equipment will be placed to the side of the house, off the page out of sight.

Slope won’t be an issue. Flat yard and pool will be elevated a bit so water can run off away from pool and house. Run down driveway or towards drainage easement in the back.

OH I am SO in for this one!!! LOVE the shape and extras of this pool. That shelf, steps, and bench are awesome!

I would remove the deck jets on the swing side of the pool. My worry is they may (really probably) be trip hazards not to mention how much they will push the pH.

I LOVE how you will have the rock around the pool. That will really help keep the grass from getting into the pool when you mow. What will you be using to keep the rocks in place and grass from growing into it.

Kim:kim:

OH I am SO in for this one!!! LOVE the shape and extras of this pool. That shelf, steps, and bench are awesome!

I would remove the deck jets on the swing side of the pool. My worry is they may (really probably) be trip hazards not to mention how much they will push the pH.

I LOVE how you will have the rock around the pool. That will really help keep the grass from getting into the pool when you mow. What will you be using to keep the rocks in place and grass from growing into it.

We really like this pool. It’s a new design San Juan is coming out with in 2020. The Taj Mahal with ledge and benches.

No worries about the rock. I place commercial grade fabric under all mulch and stone. Works very well. I’ll also use steel edging on the grass side.

How do you think deck jets will be a hazard? Also, ph?

Sorry, newbie here ?

Deck jet have to stick up some to work so I see them being a trip hazard. With that side being the "narrow" (4' is a good width) side I just worry they might be a problem (I am a worry wort so..........)

pH-GREAT question! Look down in my siggy below. Find the recommended chemicals. You will see pH can be raised by aerating the water aka deck jets, bubblers, waterfalls, returns tuned up so they roll the water, BIG rain, etc. This is easy to fix but something you need to know about.

Reactions: Stevep2002
Short update with help needed on equipment:

Meeting with a second fiberglass builder Friday. They seem to be a very good company with a higher install standard (stone base vs sand). They install both San Juan pools and Barrier Reef. BR being a bit less expensive due to location to factory in SC. I have a few questions hopefully you can help.

Pool Manufacturer:
San Juan or Barrier Reef?
I’m leaning towards BR because of thickness of shell and gel warranty.

Pump
Hayward Maxflo vs 500 or Hayward TriStar vs 900?

Filter
Sand or cartridge?

SWC the same, 40k

Once I get the design and full quote from company two I’ll post a comparison of both.

Thanks for the help

Another quick update:

After meeting with the latest PB, we’ve come up with a different design and layout. Design is Barrier Reef Coral Sea Lounger 35’. It is shorter than the SJ 44’ pool, but has more actual swim space.

We are considering running the pool straight away from the house (see picture). From our screened porch you will be able to see the contour of the pool, decking, deck jet arcs and waterfall at deep-end. A hopeful “wow” moment as you walk outside from our home.

We hope to have the PB quote tomorrow and will share.

Thoughts on what you see? 2234057E-A5BE-4310-B036-BB24F9F649D5.jpeg

If you still only have one skimmer make sure it is on the downwind side. Otherwise it will be nearly useless. For me the wind comes out of the west so the skimmer should have been put on the east side of the pool but was not so it's practically worthless. I don't know if the general wind direction is the same there or if the ocean has an effect.

With those trees this is especially important.

Reactions: Stevep2002

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Frustrating Update: WHY DON’T BUILDERS (at least in my area) COMMUNICATE WELL!?

We’ve discovered fiberglass for us is just too expensive for our budget. Vinyl fits within budget and bigger. So, through a friend I found a pool builder/ renovator who’s family has owned the business for 40+ years. And he is buying a home on my street. So, good things. However haven’t heard from him after we met (9 days ago). Frustrating!

So I’ve put together a list of what we want along with an updated drawing. I’ve done a lot of research and hopefully have a good idea of needs for the build. Any advice will be appreciated.

Pool:
-18x36’ lagoon, 3.5’-6’, approximately 19k gallons (drawing attached)
-wedding cake stairs w/ 6’ bench off 2nd step
- 6’ bump out ledge, 12” deep
- steps/ledges steel frame with concrete fill, vinyl over
- 500 sf cantilever brushed concrete coping
- well point
- 42” galvanized steel walls
- main drains ran to equipment pad
- 2 skimmers
- 4 returns
- 2 bubblers
- 3 deck jets
- 2 LED lights
- 3’ x 18” x 18” sheet water fall stone veneer wall
- 27 mil liner

All water features are subject to pricing.

Equipment
- Pentair Superflow VS 1.5 hp pump
- Pentair .75 hp water feature pump
- Pentair CC200 cartridge filter
- Easy Touch 4 w/ SWG IC 40 (40k gallons)
- hardwire to main internet connection
-Pentair Prowler 820 robot
- schedule 40 pvc

Thanks for the help.A032E9F1-89E0-4228-986A-40F4C215CC07.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.