Opening 12x24 intex ultra frame salt water sand filter pool

Bwilsonmom5

Mar 21, 2022
Ripon, WI
This was our first winter for this pool and have a few questions on it. We live in central wisconsin, lots of snow. I did drain the pool below valves, put my pump and everything in the house for winter, I did not cover it. Still some ice on it of course but my level looks above the valves right now.

only 2 feet lowered (water) how much salt should I add to reopen when it thaws. Anyone in Wisconsin with any advice on the whole re-opening would be great, at what temp outside? how much salt? will I need new sand? Only one summer last summer so I think the sand should be good. Any ther chemicals I should add. Looks pretty clear but again still a little ice on it and cant tell much

only 2 feet lowered (water) how much salt should I add to reopen when it thaws.

Get a salt test kit and determine your currents alt level after you get the pump running and circulate the water for 24 hours.

Calculate the salt needing using PoolMath

Anyone in Wisconsin with any advice on the whole re-opening would be great, at what temp outside?

Best to open it before your water temperature gets above 60F.

will I need new sand?

No. Sand lasts for man many years.

Any ther chemicals I should add. Looks pretty clear but again still a little ice on it and cant tell much

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.