Opened yesterday....quick question

Hey everyone
I opened my pool yesterday and tested water today. Water clarity is amazingly clear. All levels in order other than adding little salt. So here is my question
When testing my calcium hardness it was 100. My total alkalinity was lil low at 60 and my pH at 7.6 per digital readout.
Would you even attempt to correct alkalinity...i ask cause with pH being good if i add any baking soda it would further raise pH?

Thanks
Tom

Hey Tom! :wave: Your numbers are quite good at opening. I wouldn't rush to change anything right now. Let the pool run for a few days and monitor your FC more than anything. After maybe 2-3 days, if anything needs to be changed you can do it then. But with vinyl we know a low CH doesn't really matter, so it's more about that pH remaining fairly stable. If the TA and pH stay where they are, I think you're good.

I didn't understand your note about "digital readout", since you show a TF-100 in your sig. So just make sure the numbers you are managing the water with are from the TF-100. :)

Hey everyone
I opened my pool yesterday and tested water today. Water clarity is amazingly clear. All levels in order other than adding little salt. So here is my question
When testing my calcium hardness it was 100. My total alkalinity was lil low at 60 and my pH at 7.6 per digital readout.
Would you even attempt to correct alkalinity...i ask cause with pH being good if i add any baking soda it would further raise pH?

Thanks
Tom
Alk & PH are good with a SWCG. You may notice your PH rise due to that, use PoolMath to dose Muriatic Acid to lower PH to 7.4
Once TA is "depleted" to under 20-30, then you can top up to 50 if your PH isn't stable

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.