One valve actuator

Aug 26, 2018
Old bethpage
Hi Fellow Pool Enthusiasts-
Long Island
27,000 gallon swp
16x34

I have a spill over spa on my pool. I have no automation.
When I want to heat the spa up I need tk go out and adjust the valve that is responsible for suction (turn it on so spill over stops). Adjusting this one valve is more art that science. If there are is a large volume of users it needs to be adjusted slightly, etc. the problem is the valve is about 100 feet away from pool.
Since i dont want to buy an automation system and spend thousands i am curious if a one valve actuator exists that i can plug in and then manage through wifi.
Anyone ever hear of a product like this? Specifically, a actuator for one valve that i can control with my phone without having a full automation system ?
Thank you!

Welcome to the forum.

Two valves need adjusting, the suction valve (from pool suction to spa suction) and the return valve (unless you run full return to Spa for your Spillover, which is not recommended).

What pool equipment do you have? Please fill out your signature.

Reactions: Todd6201
Hi Fellow Pool Enthusiasts-
Long Island
27,000 gallon swp
16x34

I have a spill over spa on my pool. I have no automation.
When I want to heat the spa up I need tk go out and adjust the valve that is responsible for suction (turn it on so spill over stops). Adjusting this one valve is more art that science. If there are is a large volume of users it needs to be adjusted slightly, etc. the problem is the valve is about 100 feet away from pool.
Since i dont want to buy an automation system and spend thousands i am curious if a one valve actuator exists that i can plug in and then manage through wifi.
Anyone ever hear of a product like this? Specifically, a actuator for one valve that i can control with my phone without having a full automation system ?
Thank you!

You can get a little bit creative depending on your skill/comfort level. I have 2 Jandy valve actuators, as well as an external control cable for my Pentair VST hooked up to Zigbee relay boards that are tied into my home automation system. Can control valve direction (combined with a 24v AC transformer) and pump speed this way. Between the 2 valve controllers, transformer, relay boards, cables, etc - I probably have $600-700 into everything.

At my previous house I had a spare 120v circuit with a normal smart switch tied in (mine was Z-wave, but wifi or bluetooth or anything else would work), tied in to switch a 120v relay. Relay was used to connect at 24v transformer to the Jandy valves - effectively changing them to remote control. Decent amount of planning and wiring to make it happen, but it is feasible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.