One pool guy told me that Black algae is almost impossible to kill. Is it true?

I poured more water, and it works now.
Pump pressure is about 18. Is it normal?

By the way, do I need to clean pool wall and bottom weekly to prevent algae and calcium build up?
My cousin told me that his pool guy clean pool(wall and bottom) weekly about 20 minutes as well as pool water.
He pay $80 or $85 monthly. And he told me he didn't change water for 6 years, and very clean water.

Last edited:
Good pool care starts with your own test kit. After that is using it and adding the chemical the Pool Math tells you need to keep everything in balance. Here is a sample schedule.

Once you get to know your pool you will be able to tweak it as your pool needs.

Reactions: NewB77777
I meant to silicon sealant between glass thing to the cap.
I though it is sticky because there is lubricate in there.
Every time I open and close, my hands get sticky.
And I think when there is strong water flow, then lubricate might go away time by time.

I think sealant will become hard and bond surfaces after couple of hours, and lubricate will stay liquid-gel type, right?

BTW, do I have to fill water above the skimmer?
I think it might be the reason too.
Only lube the o-ring. Don't put anything "between the glass thing" and cap. I can't tell if you have the type of lid that is meant to slide when you tighten the lid. My hands get sticky too when I lube the O-Ring

I am going to go back to what someone else has already told you...............please pick one way of caring for your pool. Mixing several sources up it only causing your more problems. There is the Pool Store, your cousin, a pool service, OR TFP. Only one of these are based on solid science-TFP.

Get a good test kit like the one in my signature below before the work you have done so far is undone and you have a green monster again.

For right now the ONLY thing you should be using is liquid chlorine or plain bleach. Anything else WILL add extra stuff to your water.

Please read over this tread from the beginning to see all of the advice you have been given and take it please.

Kim TFP MOD

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.