One More Dolphin Active 30i Update

oodaddy

Apr 23, 2012
I have posted a couple of times about my love/hate relationship with my Active 30i. To sum up, it cleans very well & I love the design. However, the cord would become so twisted that it became nonfunctional. I also posted a "solution" that involved a garden hose, a pool noodle, & some waterproof tape.

I decided to call Maytronics one more time & sure glad I did. They quickly said they would replace the electrical cord under the warranty. I brought it to my local dealer where I bought it & got it back with a brand new cord in just a week or 2. Didnt have to pay a dime.

The best thing is that the new cord is probably twice as thick as the original cord. IMHO the problem with the old cord was that it was just way too thin so I am hoping this will be the solution. Kudos to Maytronics!

I'll post an update when I see how this new one functions.

JoyfulNoise

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
May 23, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Try the "over under" cord roll up method - you can look it up on YouTube.

MannyT

Jun 15, 2017
Pembroke Pines, Florida
In the features for the S/Active series there is a line that Cable Wire number for Active 10/20 it is 2 and for the Active 30/30i it is 3. What does that mean?

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.