On and off toggle switch

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
I guess when i was weed eating, i broke off the on and off button, and now the pump is off..Anyway to turn back on manual until i get fixed. I dont want to get into water issues, since i cant circulate water at the moment..

Keep adding chlorine and use your brush or people to mix it in.

Can you post a picture of the issue? More information is always better.

Is your pump connected using a plug or hard wired?

Some folks have hot wired the switch to bypass it. But I would not advise doing that unless you are sure you can do it safely.

I have not seen the back of the cover to see how the switch is wired but looking around I found this cover starting at $21 on up.

The cover looks to be pretty much universal in design from the other manufacturers. I assume the switch is just a standard Lo-Off-Hi which means you should be able to go to any electrical supply store with the broken switch and have them match it up. Or I found Hayward has a 2 speed switch; Hayward ECX13252

So down time should not be excessive...

After looking at my blow up pic, I was able to get needle nose pliers, and grasp the little section of the switch I didn't notice, and flip the pump on...At least I now have it running until I get a new switch...Thanks for all the help..

Reactions: Oly
I had the same issue years ago. If you don't switch from Hi to Low often, then maybe just have the pump on a timer and turn it on/off with the timer. Maybe you already have a timer on it and can control it that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.