OmniPL vs. OmniLogic :: enough HVR's?

jesse7

May 23, 2021
St Augustine, Florida
I have a new 17,000 gallon pool under construction and I am not sure if OmniPL can handle all that I have going on:
two pumps (SP32950VSP, SP2305X7)
tcell940 SWG
hydrapure
heat pump
electric spa heater
five lighting circuits with colorlogic lights and bubblers

1. Can OmniPl handle this or should I go with the OmniLogic? The OmniPL has 100amp panel, the OmniLogic has 125amp panel (my wiring can handle 125amps). I see that OmniPL has a max of 8 HVR's with OmniLogic having 10.

2. I understand that for five lighting circuits, I need 5 transformers that are connected to five HVR's. Just to clarify, how does ColorLogic actually work with 5 different lighting circuits?

3. What are the LVR's used for? The OmniPL has a max of 2 LVR's while the OmniLogic can go up to 8 LVR's.

4. What is the difference between the non-Omni pump (SP32950VSP) and the Omni pump (HL32950VSP)?

5. What else should I be thinking about?

Attachments

• OmniLogic vs OmniPL.png
    OmniLogic vs OmniPL.png
    504.2 KB · Views: 20
I have a new 17,000 gallon pool under construction and I am not sure if OmniPL can handle all that I have going on:
two pumps (SP32950VSP, SP2305X7)
tcell940 SWG
hydrapure
heat pump
electric spa heater
five lighting circuits with colorlogic lights and bubblers

1. Can OmniPl handle this or should I go with the OmniLogic? The OmniPL has 100amp panel, the OmniLogic has 125amp panel (my wiring can handle 125amps). I see that OmniPL has a max of 8 HVR's with OmniLogic having 10.

2. I understand that for five lighting circuits, I need 5 transformers that are connected to five HVR's. Just to clarify, how does ColorLogic actually work with 5 different lighting circuits?

3. What are the LVR's used for? The OmniPL has a max of 2 LVR's while the OmniLogic can go up to 8 LVR's.

4. What is the difference between the non-Omni pump (SP32950VSP) and the Omni pump (HL32950VSP)?

5. What else should I be thinking about?
You can never go wrong having more capacity than you need right now (or may ever need). You will need one HVR for the Hydrapure. The T-Cell will be powered from the outlet on the front of the panel. Your heat pump and electric heater will be powered through a circuit breaker and each should require an LVR for the system to operate them. The low-voltage relays can handle 24v that is supplied by the device not the automation.

Omni pump comes with its own, very limited, automation that uses WiFi. Not needed with either the OmniPL or Omni Logic. If the price is within your means, go with the Omni Logic. There are many examples on this site of ones wanting to add to their pool system only to find out the automation they have is a "Lite" version or just wasn't bought with the capacity, Like a Jandy RS4 instead of an RS8 or an EasyTouch PL4 or PLS4.

You can never go wrong having more capacity than you need right now (or may ever need). You will need one HVR for the Hydrapure. The T-Cell will be powered from the outlet on the front of the panel. Your heat pump and electric heater will be powered through a circuit breaker and each should require an LVR for the system to operate them. The low-voltage relays can handle 24v that is supplied by the device not the automation.

Omni pump comes with its own, very limited, automation that uses WiFi. Not needed with either the OmniPL or Omni Logic. If the price is within your means, go with the Omni Logic. There are many examples on this site of ones wanting to add to their pool system only to find out the automation they have is a "Lite" version or just wasn't bought with the capacity, Like a Jandy RS4 instead of an RS8 or an EasyTouch PL4 or PLS4.

What did you end up going with? Seems like Omnilogic would have been overkill. I have some similarities in my setup but my pool is 30500 gal and I have two lights instead of one, but I have a spa blower as well. As I already had existing equipment before upgrade, my OmniPL breaker section is completely unused (they just re-used power coming from an external sub panel I already had).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.