Omnilogic T-CELL PCB burnt & T-CELL connector burnt

Sep 1, 2015
Lockport, IL
I just replaced my board and cell for the first time. The cell cord connector was burnt and the socket on the board was burnt. I think this is a flaw in design with this sytem and I'm bot very happy. There is no reason this should be happening to these items especially for the amount of money spent on this equipment. I took my old cell off and it looks pristine inside. What is the purpose of the pcb board? I don't see any components soldered on the board other than 2 connectors and in my opinion is just an extension piece to move the connector forward off the main pcb board so you can pkug the cell from the cover. I'm an electrician with 20+ years of experience and I've never seen anything like this. These boards are failing for some reason but I think it has to do to the shotty connection from the cell to the board. You can see the board has a hokder and a screw to hold it in the mainboard tight but I'm thinking the cell connector to the board with ambient heat from weather and the weight of the cord loosens the connection and over heats and burns the connections up amd in turn the cell that has more life gets smoked in the process. This in my eyes is a design flaw that needs to be fixed. Too many people are having this issue then it burns the cells up. I live outside Chicago and Inuse my pool for roughly 17-18weeks out of the year with a properly balance pool and regar cell maintenance and there is no reason why I shouldnt be ble to to get 8-10 years out of cell or more because of my filtration cycle and that I don't use it for the full year any ways. My celland pcb board lasted only 4 1/2 seasons which for me equates to 76 weeks of usage so about a year and a half of usage. Why am I replacing this equipment??? I called Hayward on this and they never respond.

Welcome to TFP.

Those are all common failure points with the Hayward Aquarite SWG system. You can find much more at Hayward Aquarite SWG - Further Reading

The Aquarite is not at the top of our list of SWG recommendations. But lots of Pool Builders install them. .

Ricky78 has an OmniLogic Panel with the integrated chlorinator not an Aquarite. I am having the exact same issue with my OmniLogic. My system is in the second month of the third year and burnt the pin/sockets off the molex connect at the deadback panel. The t-cell was the original Hayward Goldline T-Cell 15 and perfectly clean. Worked fine, no noticeable amperage droop and one day shut down.

OK now my real problem, I bought the replacement Hayward PCB and new T-cell, but I bought a CaliMar Clear replacement salt cell trying to save a few bucks online. It is a CMARHY40-3Y which claims to replace the Goldline cells and other "Brand" cells. Well it don't. I ohmed the original cell and the new cell and they are different and not like the Pin Out given in this forum. I would expect to see a ohm reading across the power terminals on the new cell if it is pinned like the Goldline.

Any experiences are welcome. I want to make sure its not the Main Control Board on the OmniLogic panel and just the aftermarket Tcell is not compatible.

I'll will likely buy a Goldline from Hayward by the weekend and move on.

Thanks in advance

Yes Scott is correct I do not have an aquarite system. It is a Hayward Omnilogic system used for automation and has an intergreted SWG system byikt in as well. This seems to be a common problem and my cell too was super clean. This in my eyes is definitely a design issue. It could be a crappy conncetion on the type of connectors they use or the wire guage is to small but I'm thinking it's a bad connection that is the issue. I think it arcs inside the connector and creates the heat between the male and female connections and in turn starts to take it's toll on the connectir and prematurely fails. I hope Hayward is listening because this ruins the cell and the pcb board at the same time and is costing their good customers hard earned money.

The integrated system is the same design as an Aquarite with the same design weakness. Hayward just repackages the system in different units.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.