Old Rheem Gas Heater Good or Bad?

jariv

Aug 6, 2020
Dallas
I have an older Rheem Gas Heater (Model No. P-M337-A-EN-C) and was wondering if it's in good enough condition to use safely. I took everything apart as best I could and it appears the wires are in good condition (not chewed or ripped). I did see some Gekos in there but I believe they're gone now as well as any debris. I used this heater last year once or twice and it worked fine (minus the large gas bill). I have attached some pictures to get some better opinions than mine. I spoke with a pool repairman who seemed slightly pushy about getting a new heater--he is of the opinion this is not safe to use.

Attachments

• IMG_2098.jpg
    IMG_2098.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2097.jpg
    IMG_2097.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2096.jpg
    IMG_2096.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 16
I'm no expert and I'm not familiar with your heater, but if I was in your situation I would ask myself the following questions....does it start up and shutdown at the appropriate temps? Does it have any errors? Does it shutdown when water flows stops? Depending on those answers, then I would decide to keep it or replace it. I also have a Rheem pool heater (400k), about 7 years old, and I'm happy with its efficiency.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.