ok, what's the latest greatest in wifi PH and FC testing equipment

JonoVegas

Oct 6, 2018
Las Vegas NV
Absolutely nothing wrong with the Taylor test kit and I use it religiously, but being a techie geek it sure would be cool to have some automation for taking and recording PH and FC on a regular basis....oh yeah and it should be inexpensive and reliable....I guy can dream right!

PH testing automation - as I recall there are a few gadgets out there doing this, but I believe they are $200 to $300 or more and have maintenance components themselves which sort of defeats the purpose a bit. Any other PH automation approaches out there these days?

FC testing automation - on FC if I remember TFP discussions, the FC is much more difficult to have an automated, unattended reading taken. Is there anything new out there on this front?

Thx,
Jono

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Taylor test kit and I use it religiously, but being a techie geek it sure would be cool to have some automation for taking and recording PH and FC on a regular basis....oh yeah and it should be inexpensive and reliable....I guy can dream right!

PH testing automation - as I recall there are a few gadgets out there doing this, but I believe they are $200 to $300 or more and have maintenance components themselves which sort of defeats the purpose a bit. Any other PH automation approaches out there these days?

FC testing automation - on FC if I remember TFP discussions, the FC is much more difficult to have an automated, unattended reading taken. Is there anything new out there on this front?

Thx,
Jono

I have looked at a few but they all use chemicals (which makes sense) but you have to use THEIR chemical packs. Again this makes sense because they have to have some sort of mechanism to dose correctly, and the chemicals have to be the right strength, viscosity, in the correct jars or tubes or whatever they come in.

So once you buy this thing you are beholden to continuing to buy chemical packs from the company - it sounds a lot like printers and ink, and we all know how that goes.

I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could order my refill chemicals in bulk from TF Test Kits and fill it myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.