OK to Start Up Heater??

combsone

Mar 24, 2020
Long Beach, CA
So we've just wrapped up our 1st two weeks using our brand new pool. We've been able to jump in a few times and have had lots of fun (thanks to everyone on here that have given us some great guidance). The pool has been pretty warm surprisingly (~75-78 degrees) but the wife would like to be able to jump into the spa in the evenings and possibly be able to go back into the pool at night. My main question is if I still have to wait until there is absolutely no plaster dust left in the pool? There wasn't much left yesterday and I've just finished vacuuming so hopefully there isn't any anyways. But what if there is? Do I have to give the wifey the bad news and make her wait a little? Also, is now a good time to clean the filter? Thanks again for the help!

COMY

From Plaster Installation and Maintenance - Further Reading

Why no heater use for first 30 days? With new plaster there is a lot of plaster dust in the water and the pH is usually very high. When you heat water the potential for scale formation in the heater increases significantly. The actual timeframe for waiting to use the heater has no real merit. As long as the plaster dust is under control and the pH is in range there is no reason not to use it. Your risk of rushing to use the heater is scale clogging up the heater coil.

Clean the filter when the filter pressure rises 25% from the clean filter pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.