Ok, so she was too darn cute

Yeah, I expect her to want to go swimming. She's a 2/3rds poodle, 1/3rd retriever mix - poodles and retrievers are both avid swimmers. I'll have to stock up on my supply of skimmer hair nets and check the impeller in my Dolphin cleaner more frequently....and up the family budget line-item for beauty salons. Apparently these dogs require frequent trips to the pet grooming boutique ... maybe they'll offer a discount if I get my hair done there as well :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: mguzzy and JamesW
Most definitely the sweet confection - Meringue - Wikipedia

The breeder had a litter of 9 pups. 5 apricot colored pups (3 female, 2 males) and 4 dark brown pups (3 male, 1 female). The mom and dad are Latte (apricot female) and Espresso (dark brown male). She named all of the pups in the litter after something “Fall like” - S’mores, Cinnamon, Apple, Meringue, etc. . It was hard not wanting to take two or three of them home. GoldenDoodle pups are incredibly cute. We look forward to seeing how Meringue’s personality develops.

PUPPY!!!! OH sweet, sweet puppy (so long as someone else has to deal with the training!)

How is the cat doing with her and her with the cat?

Matt you can and should learn how to clip her.

Here are two examples of the kind of comb you NEED to buy. They are mostly for the under her arms, under her ears, tummy, back of legs. Those are the high "knot" areas.

Kim :kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How is the cat doing with her and her with the cat?

So far kitty has tolerated the new house “guest” but would like to know when we plan on sending her back to wherever she came from ... 😾

So we decided to move all of the cat’s stuff (liter box and food) into our master bathroom ... she mainly hangs out in our room anyway ... and keep the puppy out. She also has plenty of high cat perches to sit on to keep an eye on “the mutt”. We plan on “crate training” puppy so that she learns to sleep in her crate and go there when we need to be away for any length of time. My one desire was to NOT have a dog with separation anxiety that I have to take with me wherever I go. If I need to go out or do things around the house without interference, the dog needs to be able to handle being crated. I’m home so much as it is that the dog will never really be alone for any major length of time. Also, with crate training, kitty can still have run of the house and not worry about being harassed by the dog.

That’s the “theory” at least ....

She named all of the pups in the litter after something “Fall like”

I would change her name to “Stuffing”, cause that’s what you’re gonna be doing with your pillows when they’re all over the living room!!

So far kitty has tolerated the new house “guest”

Uh huh. Let me know how that works out for you with that cat perched up high around the house.
6E89508D-29F6-4F07-B0E7-C557F9A2BE7F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
we have a cat and when we got our 3 dogs she did not mind at all, one would pull her around by the hair on the back of her neck... she will still love on 2 of the dogs but the alpha male dog she does not like and will let him know to stay away :)

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
My cat before dog -

My cat after dog -

All kidding aside, my cat is a very alpha animal and doesn’t back down even with me when we fight. So I’m pretty sure she sees the puppy merely as another food source for when the end of the world happens and we can no longer provide her with food 😂

That's some really nice grass for AZ.

tempimagei5kqje-jpg.168750

That's some really nice grass for AZ.

tempimagei5kqje-jpg.168750

It’s artificial turf. I’m not rich enough to afford the water for a lawn in Arizona.

I’m also probably going to rip it out this winter and redo it with pea gravel. The turf is going on 7-1/2 years old and that’s about it’s useful life. It’s shedding grass blades like crazy so it’s done. The decorative gravel will be easier for pooper-scooping as well.

Reactions: JamesW
Rethink that pea gravel. It sucks! It gets tracked all over the place, and it gets stuck in the groves in the bottom of your shoes. Do 3/4 or 1” instead.

The rest of my yard is all rocked with 3/4” granite stone (looks nice when wet). It would be too sharp for the grass area as that is where the kids (and dog) like to hang out. I’ll have to go to the materials yard nearby and see what they have ... perhaps something smooth and a little larger than pea gravel.

I would honestly drop the cash and re-turf it but with the dog now likely using it for potty, the turf would get ruined pretty quickly. I’ve got time to investigate options so nothing is set in stone yet (hahaha.... see what I did there....)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.