Ok, so she was too darn cute

There is artificial turf available that is more pet friendly. But you will still need to water it well once in a while to rinse the urine out - unless you're into that aroma.

Or just suck it up and plant a smaller area of grass. The water company will love the extra revenue and it will give you something to do when the kids are at school. :poke:

There is artificial turf available that is more pet friendly. But you will still need to water it well once in a while to rinse the urine out - unless you're into that aroma.

Or just suck it up and plant a smaller area of grass. The water company will love the extra revenue and it will give you something to do when the kids are at school. :poke:

My neighbor has a little over 400 sq ft of grass in his backyard. He spends a lot of time, energy and water keeping it looking good. I am FAR TOO LAZY to deal with that nonsense. We got to trading backyard stories and I determined that he spends about as much in water on the grass that I do on my pool. Both are roughly around 400 sq ft of surface area. So pools and lawns in Tucson use about the same amount of water ...

We are going on three years with our fake turf. It's American made and somehow does not get as hot as the older varieties. So far has held up perfect. A hundred pound couch potato shepherd and a crazy crazy Belgian Malinois. Yes, you will have to occasionally water it down in the summer. I use some orange cleaner as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.