Oh No! What have I done! Need install advice.

You need something between the 57 stone and the pool. That is code for three quarter inch size angular rock. You could put sand down over that and let the sand fill the voids. That's what crusher run is stone dust and 57 stone mixed. Crusher dust is stone dust that's better than sand. Sand is round tiny marbles and will wash with rain. Stone dust or concrete sand looks like rice under a magnifying glass it locks together and wont wash easily.
Its pretty easy to set the pavers. Let the guy install the base and level it. Ask if they have road base with smaller stone 3/4 max. That will pack smooth and then skim coat that with dust or concrete sand you wont need alot. Get a long level and a straight 2x4 and dig a spot and set a paver almoat flush with base and beat it with a block of wood and hammer or smal sledge. Go around and level ea h one to the next with the 2x4 and level. It's really simple use a larger paver like 12x12 if you aren't sure where exactly the go.
The other way is put 3 inches down install pavers level on that and add the other 2 inches. Pavers are 2 3/8 thick with a little beating they will ne 2 inches up. Dont overthink it this is actually easy to do

Reactions: kimkats
Here is a picture of the work done so far. The installer placed the bonding wire in the french drain trench, and attached branches to this for bonding the pool uprights, pool wall, skimmer, and pump. There is 57 stone and fabric wrapped drain pimp and more 57 stone in the french drain. He has leveling stakes at various intervals to help him determine dept for the stone. I am concerned about those. Shouldnt the leveling spikes be removed? seems a bad idea to have those up under the pool.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 52
They should be removed. Not sure who will remove them. It might be the next trade people that come in to do their thing. There is a lot of overlap of work with the trades. I WOULD keep my eye on them as you have a vested interest in this being done right. Try to be there when each trade gets there to do a check "What ya doin'?" kind of thing. A cooler of drinks goes a long way in making them happy to be there.

Kim:kim:

Thank you so much for taking to time to answer my questions. I get so many different opinions and have to sort out the right way. Sadly, I am going to have to let this installer go and take the time to hire another. He is not being honest with his billing. Such outlandish ways to pad the bill, and him leaning on his shovel for half the time he is here. I shouldn't have gone with someone who charges and hourly rate.
How many inches of 57 stone are necessary? 3", 4"? Then the crusher dust to the level of the pavers? One more question as stupid as it sounds: It's a 24' round pool, should the pavers be placed 24' across from one another exactly? There are 16 of them and it is easy to spray paint a 24' circle, then set the pavers just outside of that circle. Is that the usual paver placement?

There should be an installation sheet with the pool that has the leg lay out for placement. See if you find it. If not it might be online or you can contact the manufacturer to get a new one.

I am sorry to hear this installer does not have a good work ethic :(

every pool is different the spacing will be on the install sheet. and no with stuff like this you agree to a price, an hourly rate is good ONLY if the guy is working super cheap that even at double the hours its a fair price for your end.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.