Official 2022 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Cold smoked 4lbs of cheese and some 18-hour cold smoked salt. My first time to use Apple Blend little more subtle taste. My go to is 100% Hickory. I vacuum seal 1/2 lb. packages and wait minimum of 2 weeks before enjoying it is so good. The longer it stays in the refrigerator and ages the better it is. I got 2 friends who trade me fish for a 1/2 lb. package.Smoked Cheese and Salt.jpgSmoked Cheese and Salt.jpg

Reactions: aztodd and jark87
Still too warm to cold smoke cheese in DFW, but I’m planning to do it as soon as it gets into the 50s or so. Never done it before, other than some cream cheese, which held up surprisingly well.

Reactions: aztodd and Stump
We had a cool Friday morning low 50`s got started about 4am and I filled water pan with ice 3 different times. 4 hours of smoke time works good for us. I did 2 types of cheese Yellow Extra Sharp and Colby. I use 12" SS square smoke tube which will generate some heat. If temperature gets above 80 cheeses will start to soften. jark87 you can`t eat all the cheese in an evening so post us some pictures lol.

Reactions: aztodd and jark87
While technically not “grilling”, I use the term loosely and include just about anything I cook outdoors. Cooked up some pan fried blackened talpia tonight for fish taco Tuesday. Wife made a Cholula-enhanced coleslaw and we had the meal ready in about 15 minutes.

1664322028819.jpeg

1664322054998.jpeg

^^^^^^ it's the most important meal of the day. You'll be ready for anything. :laughblue:

Best wishes that you're spared the brunt of it. :)

Reactions: Stump
Getting my reverse sear on with some slow smoked filets and a Ghost strawberry margarita made with fresh muddled strawberries. Once the steaks get to 120°, I’ll sear them on the infrared burner. Wife made stuffed baked potatoes and tossed salad. Eating well tonight!

1664489945778.jpeg

1664490021826.jpeg

Reactions: Stump and Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Got spared but not so good for south west florida. Dw wanted pancakes and bacon. Happy Friday:cheers:

Attachments

• 43DF46DA-E56C-413B-9647-CC596FE3119A.jpeg
    43DF46DA-E56C-413B-9647-CC596FE3119A.jpeg
    543.9 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: jark87
Another week of being an underpaid Uber driver for the kids in the books. Every day this week had us out and about at Supper time and I was dead tired of takeout. Took some time this morning for a home cooked breakfast. Started with some trimmings from steaks we bought to get some grease down. Forgot to cover the griddle last time and some rain left the surface quality slightly rusted. Then enjoyed some steak and hash browns for myself while made eggs, ham, and hash brown sandwich for Sherry.

Now off to the kids before heading to the football game we go……..
63CD63A2-D85D-4078-B266-D142AF9C423D.jpeg

Another week of being an underpaid Uber driver for the kids in the books. Every day this week had us out and about at Supper time and I was dead tired of takeout. Took some time this morning for a home cooked breakfast. Started with some trimmings from steaks we bought to get some grease down. Forgot to cover the griddle last time and some rain left the surface quality slightly rusted. Then enjoyed some steak and hash browns for myself while made eggs, ham, and hash brown sandwich for Sherry.

Now off to the kids before heading to the football game we go……..
View attachment 458087
Looks like my kind of breakfast :cheers:

Perfect fall weather in Texas for a spatchcock chicken. Did a quick dry brine (only an hour) followed by 20 hour buttermilk brine that included bourbon infused maple syrup, onion powder and garlic powder. I made my own buttermilk using whole milk and white vinegar. Seasoned with Malcom Reed’s The BBQ Rub, Lane’s Scorpion Rub and Salt Lick’s Dry Rub. Cooked indirect at 350° for about an hour. When I used the instant read probe, juice squirted out like from a squirt gun! Skin is nice a crisp. Just polished off a thigh and leg and they were delicious!

1666287809235.jpeg

Fell in love today……family always enjoys pork cutlets but they’re a pain to make. Often they take forever to cook enough as we can only fry two at a time and there’s always grease everywhere when we’re done. The weather was nice out today and thought I’d give things a shot. Not sure we’ll make cutlets inside ever again! So much easier this way.
C214B48A-35ED-4743-BD85-623BA271632F.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.