Official 2020 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man. I am going to check that out cause of the classic is same size I would go that route. I thought the similar sized one was larger in outside size for the joe vs the egg.

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I can’t wait for spring. I got major winter blues and the winter didn’t really start yet.

Same here!! Actually just invested in a patio heater so I can keep the grills rolling to get me through the winter haha. DEFINITELY ready for the spring though. Maybe 8-9 weeks until pool/spa opening??

PS - BBQ pics coming this weekend, haha.

Same here!! Actually just invested in a patio heater so I can keep the grills rolling to get me through the winter haha. DEFINITELY ready for the spring though. Maybe 8-9 weeks until pool/spa opening??

PS - BBQ pics coming this weekend, haha.

Question. How deep does my shelf have to be for lid to be open all the way minus the handle.

K joe told me 30 inches. I read in thier instal booklet 35. 27 for unit plus 8 for lid. So they don’t match. Guy from k Joe said that install book is wrong then.

Can u measure urs for me? I have 31 inches total cause that what egg needex

The Masterbuilt rectangular smoker will fit in that space. It is on wheels so you can easily move it. It comes in electric and charcoal. We have the electric one and love it just set it and forget it as long as you have electricity:cheers:
It's amazing how well they work. I rarely do this but I had a bad day at work, and I just bought one off of Amazon of their cheaper electric ones to appease myself that day. I absolutely love it even with the few limitations it does have. I'll need to try to remember to contribute to this thread a little in 2020. The discovery that got rid of the most annoying aspect (that you have to run it for an hour before you get decent smoke), I figured out how to fix and get it down to 20 minutes.. add some "Trager-type" pellets to the tray and that gets it all going a lot faster.. just a dozen or so of the same type of wood as the chips you are using.

I make better pork ribs than I can buy locally with it. Whenever I see markdown at Wally for $2/lb the family eats several racks of them. Great toy. Simple, fantastic and inexpensive.

That is a great tip using traeger pellets. I will have to borrow some from my neighbor. :cheers:

It's amazing how well they work. I rarely do this but I had a bad day at work, and I just bought one off of Amazon of their cheaper electric ones to appease myself that day. I absolutely love it even with the few limitations it does have. I'll need to try to remember to contribute to this thread a little in 2020. The discovery that got rid of the most annoying aspect (that you have to run it for an hour before you get decent smoke), I figured out how to fix and get it down to 20 minutes.. add some "Trager-type" pellets to the tray and that gets it all going a lot faster.. just a dozen or so of the same type of wood as the chips you are using.

I make better pork ribs than I can buy locally with it. Whenever I see markdown at Wally for $2/lb the family eats several racks of them. Great toy. Simple, fantastic and inexpensive.

Here's another option for nearly instant smoke in an electric, smoker sawdust shavings. I mix some of the sawdust with regular chips.

They have other woods...hickory, apple, oak, etc.

Hey guys. I know we got some Italians on here. The wife and I are having a disagreement. We r making Italian wedding soup. Do you all put pasta in it or no. My grandmother and mother always did. She says no to the pasta.

Question. How deep does my shelf have to be for lid to be open all the way minus the handle.

K joe told me 30 inches. I read in thier instal booklet 35. 27 for unit plus 8 for lid. So they don’t match. Guy from k Joe said that install book is wrong then.

Can u measure urs for me? I have 31 inches total cause that what egg needex

I will measure mine as soon as we've got some daylight, but I tend to agree with what I see in the manual, probably what you were referencing:

27 depth with the hinge sounds accurate although i don't remember it sticking back 8 inches with the top open. Edit: Just looked at the big joe specs and that shows only an additional 5 inches with the hood open? odd. If I remember correctly you're right up against a wall, correct?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Air-fryer Chicken wings & other “bar food”

Just me and the kids tonight so it was easy food - wings, oven bake pizza, potato salad and .... sweet kale super-food salad ?‍♂️ (gotta eat healthy ya know....)

EA1BF850-8FC5-40A3-9049-C95BBF784F8F.jpeg

Wings were prepped with sea-salt, Cajun spice & baking powder, allowed to dry in the fridge and then cooked in the air fryer. After coming out of the fryer they were coated with a 50/50 mix of Franks Buffalo Wing Sauce and Mr. Stubbs Sweet Honey & Spice BBQ sauce. I cooked up 3lbs and I separate the winglets from drumlets because they cook better that way.

4441E2B8-95DF-4C29-B7D7-582E89AB6445.jpeg
7EEA75BA-9D88-4B73-A582-786A3B67EABF.jpeg
50D6D561-D8C3-4C99-81EE-0E427D850F28.jpeg
C35F1C93-3AEF-43F4-982E-DFE4418F396E.jpeg

:scratch: That’s gotta be the weirdest food combo I’ve seen. I dunno what bar you visit, but I’d hate to see the dessert menu!

it’s the kind of bar that has the $7 beer and burger combo that tastes so good you order a second round but tell them to hold the burger.

And then sing ‘it’s 5 o’clock somewhere’ at 1:15pm.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
it’s the kind of bar that has the $7 beer and burger combo that tastes so good you order a second round but tell them to hold the burger.

And then sing ‘it’s 5 o’clock somewhere’ at 1:15pm.

Sure, beer and burger, (y)
Beer, burger, fries, (y)(y)
Chicken wings, frozen pizza, potato salad, and #whatevadaheckthatpilewas salad? ???

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Here's another option for nearly instant smoke in an electric, smoker sawdust shavings. I mix some of the sawdust with regular chips.

They have other woods...hickory, apple, oak, etc.
Actually that is what gave me the idea to try the smoker pellets. Well.. that and the fact that I bought a cold smoker tube that I need to remember to use to smoke cheese before it gets too hot in AZ to do it... :) But those pellets are basically pressed sawdust and are available locally. I imagine the sawdust might even get it going faster. ON season, you can also buy small bags of pellets for a couple of dollars for a pound or so at Wal-Mart (the bigger ones)... I actually did get a couple of bags there off season but the selection was limited. They are pricey on Amazon. Most places only carry the big $18 bags, I realize that. I have a hardware store locally that sells them by the pound in bulk as well (for 3x the price of bag) so I was pretty lucky in finding them in small amounts locally. Again, if mail ordering I'd have a look at the sawdust as well

:scratch: That’s gotta be the weirdest food combo I’ve seen. I dunno what bar you visit, but I’d hate to see the dessert menu!
What, you've never been to a restaurant that has wings, pizza and salad before? Even Pizza hut had potato salad and cole-slaw on the all-you-can eat lunch bar! :) Now the kale.. just pretend it's a lettuce salad for this argument.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.