Official 2019 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can fend for themselves...

How's legoland in the rain? That place is rough even when it's pleasant out.

SUCKS :cry: (from the parent perspective).

Kids love it anyway. Actually the park has basically been shutdown the last two days so it’s been nothing but playing inside the hotel (and desperately trying to not go broke buying them Lego sets in The Big Shop). The staff has been amazingly fun trying to keep the kiddos all occupied. The 6-9pm dance parties every evening after dinner helps to burn off the excess energy.

We’re stuck....uhhhh, I meant “staying”, one more day then driving back to Tucson on Sat. Had to be the week we picked to have unseasonably rainy weather in SoCal ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I never understood why they shut it down in the rain... that does suck. At least Disneyland capitalizes on people's income in poor weather.

We went to legoland on an overcast day and it started to rain when we got there. They closed the place and we had to turn around. I wasn't too happy but I can't imagine how you feel?

Hopefully the food is good

Hey Jim I have about 1.5 hrs left :cheers:

View attachment 123186

I didn’t know u were going big easy like me! Nice!

So did u brine that one too? How did both compare? My skin was so friggin’ crispy this year. I think it was cause I didn’t cover the bird all night in fridge. And I only used vegetable oil with rib in outside. No butter.
1ED2C770-67D3-4096-863A-C6803A299CC5.jpeg

For how cheap that big easy is it does a great job I think. The injection worked out very well this year.

New Year’s Eve I’m deff doing a bone in rib roast in it again.

Reactions: Lagerman64
I didn’t know u were going big easy like me! Nice!

So did u brine that one too? How did both compare? My skin was so friggin’ crispy this year. I think it was cause I didn’t cover the bird all night in fridge. And I only used vegetable oil with rib in outside. No butter.
View attachment 123205

For how cheap that big easy is it does a great job I think. The injection worked out very well this year.

New Year’s Eve I’m deff doing a bone in rib roast in it again.
Yes I brined my turkey and also injected it with a store brand cajun and butter injectate, sprayed olive oil on the outside and sprinkled Butt Rub seasoning on the outside. Everyone commented how much flavor and juicy it was :cheers:

nice setup! i have only used my big easy for turkeys so far. outstanding results every time.
i noticed your bird is neck down. have you done both ways and prefer that way? i have never tried that. dont know why, but i have always done neck up
just wondering.
thanks

I figured it would slide out easier cause legs wouldn’t get caught up. Also that puts more of the breast meat higher up so I thought maybe it would cook more even.

It worked well as usual. I should have pulled it at 145 like I do my chickens but I got scared and waited for 155. Next year I’m doing 145.

I do rib roasts In it. They come out awesome! Last New Years I did one that was a prime bone in. My wife was a little worried cause it was expensive but holy cow. Awesome!

Reactions: thomasandanita
I figured it would slide out easier cause legs wouldn’t get caught up. Also that puts more of the breast meat higher up so I thought maybe it would cook more even.

It worked well as usual. I should have pulled it at 145 like I do my chickens but I got scared and waited for 155. Next year I’m doing 145.

I do rib roasts In it. They come out awesome! Last New Years I did one that was a prime bone in. My wife was a little worried cause it was expensive but holy cow. Awesome!

you are spot on as far as coming out of the basket easier, it took 3 of us to remove ours this time. it was the largest one i have done so far. 15 lb.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.