Official 2019 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got a new electric smoker a couple of weekends ago and did pork loin and ribs in it so far. Want to use it again this weekend.. haven't decided for what yet... Should I try to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving or should I fry it like I have done for the last several years (which is expensive)? What do you all think? I also have the option to cold smoke with pellets and a tube... haven't played with that yet.
You might want to consider smoking a turkey breast. It is sooooo juicy :cheers:

Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus
Thanks man. Lol

Do u guys pull chicken before it hits 165 like u pull read meat to rest? I read an article that u can pull at 145 as long as temp holds for 9 mins after pulled and doesn’t drop below 145. The article was on ThermoWorks blog.
I pull at 160 and then tent it with foil and cover for about 30 minutes. I also spatchcock it and the white and dark meat are always spot on at the same time, would never do it any other way now.

Turkeys swimming in brine tonite. 2 oranges and 2 lemons quartered and squeezes, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup salt , 6 sprigs of thyme and 6 sprigs of rosemary stirred in 2 gal of cold water. Happy pre thanksgiving to all : cheers:
9A7A29A9-D632-4641-83DE-641CDF41C512.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@Arizonarob got the right idea - Thanksgiving Dinner tastes best when someone else does all the work ;)

I’m currently sitting in the LegoLand lobby while the kids play. T-Day Dinner will be provided by the wonderful chefs and staff of the Bricks Cafe!

Yo guys. Happy gobble day.

I just finished injecting my bird. I ended up using butter, beer, little whorshester (sp) sauce, Little maple syrup, salt, and some of my rub. Smells good.

Tomorrow I’ll ruB it down with the rub and some vegetable oil. No butter. I have been reading butter doesn’t get you a crispy skin bs vegetable oil.

Yo guys. Happy gobble day.

I just finished injecting my bird. I ended up using butter, beer, little whorshester (sp) sauce, Little maple syrup, salt, and some of my rub. Smells good.

Tomorrow I’ll ruB it down with the rub and some vegetable oil. No butter. I have been reading butter doesn’t get you a crispy skin bs vegetable oil.
Sounds great I am right behind you :cheers:

This year I’m not cooking! I’ve hired a team of chefs, waiters, waitresses, bartenders, and busboys to take care of things. We will still be having a traditional Thanksgiving meal, just without all the fuss.
View attachment 123147
Not right :cheers:

@Arizonarob got the right idea - Thanksgiving Dinner tastes best when someone else does all the work ;)

I’m currently sitting in the LegoLand lobby while the kids play. T-Day Dinner will be provided by the wonderful chefs and staff of the Bricks Cafe!
Just not american, no turkey????? No turkey sandwiches on Friday and Saturday????? :cheers:

Man you are really living on the wild side! Cold/flu season, and 10 thousand little incubators running around touching EVERYTHING. I hope you’re wearing a hazmat suit filled with Purell!!!???
Not right :cheers:

I have my reason, I’ll divulge at a later date.?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.