Official 2019 BBQ, Smoking, Grilling, Baking and Beer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre turkey experiment number 2 today. Injection with a butter rub on the outside. Rub is a bbq butter compound. Injection is a beer, butter, little salt, soy, whocheser sauce(spelling), onion and garlic powder, and beer.

If this isn’t good. It’s back to traditional butter compound with rosemary, sage, thyme, salt and pepper in the over.

In theory this sound really good. But so did the last one.

Thanks man. Lol

Do u guys pull chicken before it hits 165 like u pull read meat to rest? I read an article that u can pull at 145 as long as temp holds for 9 mins after pulled and doesn’t drop below 145. The article was on ThermoWorks blog.

Thanks man. Lol

Do u guys pull chicken before it hits 165 like u pull read meat to rest? I read an article that u can pull at 145 as long as temp holds for 9 mins after pulled and doesn’t drop below 145. The article was on ThermoWorks blog.
I don’t remember ever letting chicken rest. :cheers:

Winner winner chicken dinner! I just have to decrease the soy sauce and up the liquid smoke a bit bit I’m happy. Turned out good. Injection is deff my preferred method for poultry.

And now my daughter and myself and going downstairs and working on some legos! 59565C62-9907-4FE8-ADCA-EF1B5E093B02.jpeg

Reactions: gonfishin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Tandoori chicken on the BBQ -

Found a recipe online but checked it out with my Indian neighbor. She gave me the inside scoop on some details. Came out really good. Served it with some basmati rice and broccolini.

Reactions: Lagerman64
So I got a new electric smoker a couple of weekends ago and did pork loin and ribs in it so far. Want to use it again this weekend.. haven't decided for what yet... Should I try to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving or should I fry it like I have done for the last several years (which is expensive)? What do you all think? I also have the option to cold smoke with pellets and a tube... haven't played with that yet.

I airless fry my turkeys now. Past 3 years. They come out awesome. I do a 20 on turkey in like 2 hrs. U would think it was deep fried. I use one of those Coleman big easy. I love it.

If I had a smoker I would smoke it. I love smoked turkey. Especially wild ones when smoked right. Cause if not smoked they r rough!

I'd stay away from cold-smoking or leave that for your favorite cheese...if not done correctly then cold smoking = a good case of botulism .... then again, if you like to live on the wild side gastronomically then, by all means, have fun with it :sick:

My favorite turkey recipe is this - when someone else cooks Thanksgiving Dinner!

I airless fry my turkeys now. Past 3 years. They come out awesome. I do a 20 on turkey in like 2 hrs. U would think it was deep fried. I use one of those Coleman big easy. I love it.

If I had a smoker I would smoke it. I love smoked turkey. Especially wild ones when smoked right. Cause if not smoked they r rough!
Jim we also do infra red turkeys and they almost taste like it was deep fried:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.