OB Northern California (Roseville) Rehab / buried

That's no fair.. I'm but a stones throw from you and my pool is in the shade and still battling the mid 60's ;)
Yeah, I hear you neighbors pool sitting at high 60's...

I'm pretty happy with performance, I was thinking of adding 2 more collectors. About 96sq ft... But at this point I don't think it's needed. Only running solar for about 4hrs

Reactions: mguzzy
Update.... This solar system is working great. We have been swimming for over a week.... Kids are loving it. If you have that south facing roof... It's a must

It's a hot day 95 ish.... Water temp 87....View attachment 329933View attachment 329934
That is awesome!
I'm right around the corner from you in Antelope. Our water temp is sitting at about 78 right now with the solar cover on.
How concerned are you about roof damage with those panels? That is my biggest hesitation.

That is awesome!
I'm right around the corner from you in Antelope. Our water temp is sitting at about 78 right now with the solar cover on.
How concerned are you about roof damage with those panels? That is my biggest hesitation.
Maniacalmama,

I'm not going to lie, I was a little concerned with "putting holes" in the roof. Fortunately for me I was able to minimize the number of holes. The first array of panels is mounted on a detached 2 car garage. This particular structure was originally built with a flat roof. At some point over the last few decades the previous owner added the pitched roof. Basically it's a roof on a roof.

The second array I mounted on the flat portion of my roof. Instead of making holes I ended up building a mounting system/ mechanism that attaches to side facia of the roof. The rails have enough movement to allow expansion and contraction. This application worked out perfect for the type of collectors I used, wind resistant by design ( individual tubes)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.