Numbers good, cloudy water?

I think this is day 4 of the slam and it it is looking beautiful. Clear as can be. Was going to do the oclt rest tonight but decided to give it one more day. I dropped down to 12 again today and raised it back up to 16. Will maintain tomorrow and do the oclt tomorrow night. Hope to pass. The filter has been less and less dirty. Will see what tomorrow brings but on the right path I think. Thank you

OK just did a test and think I'm read for am oclt test tonight. Pool is clear as can be, tested my fc is at 11 and cc at 0.5. If I test first thing in morning and I am at a 10 or 11 fc does that mean I passed and I can stop the slam?

Yes. You would then let the FC come back to target level and resume maintenance levels. Never let your FC get below Target.

Take care.

OK great thank you. Do you test fc everyday? I still don't think I fell that low but must of if I got algae. I was just testing the CL level when testing ph and making sure it was about the 5 mark. Maybe that's where I went wrong.

I have a SWCG so I do not test every day. I did at first to learn how my pool reacts.

With manual dosing of chlorine you need to test each day. With the FAS-DPD test. Now, after a full season of doing that, you will learn your pool and may get away with 'knowing' how much chlorine your pool needs. The biggest thing is to test about the same time each day. Then add chlorine to get your FC 3 ppm over your target. That way you will not go below minimum even if you have an organic 'event' like lots of leaves, a bunch of birds, etc.

I passed the OCLT test last night. Was 11ppm at 9pm and still at 11ppm at 7:30 am. Am I good to go?

I am thinking of trying to maintain my pool at about 9 even though my CYA is 40. Is that bad? I dont think I dropped that low last time and got algae, so I want to maintain high, this will give me more then enough room if if drops hard in one day before I can get to it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.