Numbers good, cloudy water?

I aleready removed it once you said it was algae.

So this is something not a quick shock will take care of? I have to by a oruah cause I just have a hand held one and cleaned it while swimming

What is an 'oruah'?

Follow the SLAM procedure to a T, and that algae will be gone for good. A quick shock will not eliminate all of the algae, and you'll just be fighting it continuously.

You can safely swim if your FC is at or below shock level based on your CYA; you can see the bottom of the deep end; and the pH is between 7.2 and 7.8

That is correct. You need to see if a swimmer is in trouble in the water and has sunk to the bottom.

Haven't got to attempt anything yet, since I work and the slam is so time cosnuming trying to push it till Friday evening so i can watch it all weekend. I did leave the pump on all night and its less cloudy and a better color.

Good to hear. When you get home from work, bring FC up to SLAM level, and maybe again after dinner & before bed. If you have a few minutes in the morning before work bring it up to SLAM as well. The more algae you can kill the faster this will go.

Start as soon as possible. Like Dom said. If you start now you can get ahead a little then hit it hard over the weekend. It could get worse if you just stay with lower levels.

I just finished a mini SLAM, just off a little. I had levels up all week @ SLAM when I could & missed OCLT on Sat morning. Got my levels back up every two-three hours throughout the day and passed Sunday morning. My pool wasn't green just a little off and was seeing the dust on the bottom of the pool. July was a very busy month.

I can't do much right now, of course as soon as I get home it starts down pouring, lightening and wind blowing. But I had a question. If I do a slam does it hurt or help or not matter to keep the solar cover on?i usually leave it on and just run the pump, is it OK to leave the cover on and do this while the pump runs? Especially with next few days we're due for bad weather.

And to that point it had a little break in rain for about 15 min. Ran out there and cleaned the filter out and not nearly as algae or green at all. Can start to see the bottom juat a small tint of green but cloudy. So I found out the wife talked to the neighbor and I didn't know this but they shocked the pool last night which is reason it got a little bit better I assume. I had enough time to run tests before the storm came back. My numbers are
Ph 7.8
Fc 9.5
Cc 0
Ta 100
Cya 40

So at this point should I just bring it up to the 16 and start the slam or since she started the shock yesterday do it again today or have to wait till the shock settles?

Also I do still have the solar cover on in regards to last post.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pool really needs the UV from the sun to breakdown the CC's that will be created.

You will want to sanitize that cover though... when FC starts to stabilize a bit throw it in the pool and brush it down to kill any algae spores that may be on it.

Yes - start the SLAM. But lower your pH to 7.2 while you can test it before you take your FC above 10.

I have hth ph minus brand new someone gave me. Looking at pool math what do I go by?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. The CC is burned off by the sunlight.

Also this whole weekend is supposed to be stormy, is this gonna hurt the slam since there won't by sun to help?

I have hth ph minus brand new someone gave me. Looking at pool math what do I go by?

- - - Updated - - -

Also this whole weekend is supposed to be stormy, is this gonna hurt the slam since there won't by sun to help?

You can use the sodium bisulfate. Just do not buy anymore of it. It is better to use muriatic acid.
PoolMath shows using 25oz by weight of Dry Acid (same as pHminus)

Stormy weather might even help. The sunlight will not burn up as much FC. The CC will still get burned off sufficiently.

Good luck.

You can use the sodium bisulfate. Just do not buy anymore of it. It is better to use muriatic acid.

Stormy weather might even help. The sunlight will not burn up as much FC. The CC will still get burned off sufficiently.

Good luck.

Thank you for all the help. Thank you Dom as well. Been alot of help.

Good luck.

Just to confirm I want to go by dry acid for ph minus? So if I go from 7.8 to 7.2 I need 18 Oz of ph minus

Working on the slam and seeing improvement. I had 2 questions and didnt want to start new post.

1. when can I allow the kids to swim again? Once I pass the OCLT test or before?

2. As i stated we are in for storms all weekend where I am at. How does the rain and weather affect pool chemistry? Is there anything I need to be aware of or watch out?

thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.