Now we have algae in the stupid pool!

Yes that is correct. Safe to swim under SLAM levels and if you have visibility in the pool, no algae to slip on, minimal CC so no eye irritation. It sounded like you had an OCLT that passed and you were just waiting for another night to pass to confirm, but you can swim in the meantime if you like. Technically even at SLAM levels the pool has the same active chlorine level as only 0.6 ppm FC with no CYA so less than in commercial/public pools that don't use CYA (such as most indoor pools).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would love to but the weather SUCKS! I am going to keep checking the levels until I am more comfortable. I still don't get the whole chemistry thing but I am going to try and keep going over it and maybe something will click.

I missed the first one but have read the second one. Of course, this is freakin chemistry and I sucked in chemistry.

SO the pool is still FC 5. However, it sure smelled chloriny. My husband turned the SWG down to 40 from 50. however, our CYA is still low according to the recommended levels for a plaster pool. It was at 50. The chart says 70 to 80.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.