Novice needing automation help

MooreND23

Apr 7, 2021
Vancouver, WA
Hey Everyone, I apologize for what will come across as a very novice question but I’m looking for some advice. I am building a 38 x 16 fiberglass saltwater pool with a separate tanning ledge that has a bubbler. Planning on a couple waterfalls from the elevated tanning ledge into the pool as well as two Pentair laminars. Additionally we use mostly Control4 for our A/V stuff and are not opposed to having separate automation for the pool if it is easier.

My main question is with regards to the automation options. My builder is quite experienced but I suspect does not get very involved in the techy aspects of pools. He quoted me and easytouch and seems a bit confused when I ask him about Intellicenter, Intellitouch, etc. in the forums I myself having a hard time trying to pin down exactly what people are referring to when they discuss the various automation platforms. Is EasyTouch the same thing as Intellitouch or Intellicenter? Is screen logic an add-on to EasyTouch or Intellitouch or Intellicenter? These kinds of questions. I feel inclined to get the most up-to-date advanced technology I can within reason pricewise but he seems to give a bit of pushback With respect to whether or not I need anything beyond the standard easytouch with the Wi-Fi upgrade which he quoted me at $500. Don’t want to have a lack of options down the road if I were to add a separate water feature, waterslide, anything else. If anyone could fill me in on some details as far as the capability of the systems that would be greatly appreciated as I’m not sure my pool builder can exactly do that. I did discuss upgrading the system to the IC40 instead of the IC20 which is what he bid me. I have no doubt that the system he bid me would work just fine but I don’t want to be limited in the future. Thank you for your time. Also the complicating factor is obviously availability right now since he has the easy touch panel and I would assume would have to track down and then Intellicenter.
Thanks

I have an EasyTouch with ScreenLogic and love it.. It does everything that I need it to do...

That said, if I were to build a new pool today, I would go with the new IntelliCenter as it is just better..

My EasyTouch (ET) has a max of 12 Programs/Schedules.. The IntelliCenter (IC) has 100.
The ET is a what you buy is what you get system.. The IC is more modular and can be upgraded as needed.
The ET has a small black and white display. The IC has a color touch-screen.
The ET requires a $500 add on called ScreenLogic if you want to use your phone or PC.. The IC come with a built-in ScreenLogic-Like system
The ET does not have the ability to combine commands.. The IC has macro or group circuits where one button can start several actions at once.
I could go on but my fingers hurt.. :mrgreen:

Like your pool builder, I believe that the EasyTouch will do what you want.. But do you really want to buy an iPhone 2, when you could buy an iPhone XX (Whatever they are today??) They both make phone calls, but which one would you want??

I suggest that you get a "package" deal.. They come with the IntelliCenter, an internal Power Center for the salt cell, the salt cell itself, and valve actuators..

Here is a good site for comparison shopping.. The link is just one of many, just to give you a starting point.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: RivercityJeff
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.